We are a US based company, headquartered in San Francisco with a development center in Belgrade. With more than 300 tech solutions delivered over the past 18 years our deep expertise in software development allows us to provide one of the best products in the industry.
Our client is one of the leading US companies from the Health Insurance vertical, which provides high-quality doctors and top-rated medical facilities available in their user’s insurance network. The project you will be working on is a long-term project focusing on the data loading pipeline based on Java, Scala and Apache Spark. In the first phase, the existing monolith application that is currently importing the source documents should be replaced with new Document Loading Pipeline and the results from this new data factory should be synced back to the monolith database, for backward compatibility. In the later phases, complete retirement of the monolith application will be performed. As part of this project REST API and FHIR server should be developed to expose the data factory data sources.
You would work in a small team (6-8) of experienced Java and Scala developers. Your day would consist of creating design documents based on the business requirements, participating in design reviews, code reviews of own and other’s work, and participating in good coding techniques (re usability of code, code optimised for performance, etc.). Develop new functionality as well as maintaining the existing architecture and participate in scrum meetings.
Become a part of a strong team with vast experience in software development, and develop your career working in an inspiring environment focused on education, personal growth, and client success.
Education and experience
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years of work experience in Java development
- Major bonus points: Experience with Scala programming language, or readiness to quickly acquire the necessary knowledge
- Major bonus points: Experience with Apache Spark, or readiness to quickly acquire the necessary knowledge
- Good knowledge of object-oriented fundamentals and design patterns
- Knowledge of object-oriented fundamentals and design pattern
- Good knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Experience with NoSQL data stores - Knowledge of Maven, Gradle, SBT
- Experience in implementing REST API
- Familiarity with GIT version-control system
- Good English language skills
- Strong communicator with analytical thinking
- Team player eager to learn and share the knowledge with the team
- Oriented to self-education and skills improvement
- Attention to detail
Proactive work attitude and team oriented
- Excellent compensation package
- Positive company culture
- Continuous training and education program
- Interesting projects with a high focus on quality
- Advancement opportunities based on performance, not age ;)