Java Engineer with Cloud (Navigation)
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Making the new version of NavKit so that navigation services are available on Cloud using the latest technologies e.g. Kubernetes
- Development of production environment hosted in Microsoft Azure
- Maintenance and support of the current environment
- Enforcing software best practices, standards and processes
- Directly impacting the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Taking Ownership of work and seeing this through to completion
- Work in an international team located in our offices in Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK
What you’ll need
- Strong Java Spring framework experience
- Minimum 5 years of commercial experience in software engineering
- Hands-on Cloud services experience with at least one of these: Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with deploying, developing and maintaining customer-facing software
- Experience with Linux system
- High educational background
- Practical experience with remote working and willingness to travel every 2 months
What’s nice to have
- Experience with at least one functional programming language (e.g. Scala)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Spring WebFlux
Meet your team
We’re Navigation, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Using a Navigation Data Standard (NDS) run-time format, our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing, route guidance, map visualization, search, positioning, and machine learning-based predictions and suggestions. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.