Want to learn about biometric verification and work with the latest generation smart phone technologies? Interested in learning new platforms and new technology? This is the job for you! Daon is an innovative provider of award-winning biometric identity assurance software products and services focused on meeting the needs of governments and large commercial organizations worldwide. We are currently looking for highly motivated Java Engineers to join the engineering team in our Belgrade or Novi Sad office.
You will work with our Dublin and US Engineering teams to help deliver identity assurance solutions and products. The individual will be responsible for, and must be proficient at, working in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The role will be part of our flagship IdentityX product development team and will be responsible for evolving the product and integrating new biometric technologies as they become available. You have the flexibility and desire to learn new technologies and have strong knowledge of app deployment capabilities. You strive to improve capabilities, pick up and champion new technology and programming languages, apply best software development practices, look to add value and innovate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with skilled team in an interesting and growing technology space.
- 3+ years Java development experience with a product focus
- Experience working with most of the following technologies is a plus: Spring Framework, REST web services using Spring MVC, Hibernate (JPA annotations) and Soap Web services
- The right candidate should have: Strong OO skills, familiarity with modern multi-tiered applications and a good understanding of web technologies
- Have previously worked with any of the following relational databases: Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL.
- The ability to rigorously test software to ensure it meets the expected requirements. This includes the ability to create automated test suites.
- A good working knowledge of build and configuration management; SVN, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA or similar tools.
- The ability to work at all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Very good verbal and written English
- An opportunity to work in the growing world of biometric and identity management technologies
- The chance to be part of an established & successful product development team
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working environment
- Very balanced work/life schedule for you and your family
- Possibility to travel abroad and much more!
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute introductory call with our HR Business Partner
- Candidates selected for 2nd round interview will then be invited to a series of practical interviews with members of the technical or functional team
- Successful candidates will be selected and contacted with an offer to join our team
Deadline for applications: 23.09.2021.