Your role and impact
The Aladdin Product Group Alternatives is seeking a Java Full Stack Developer to grow and expand our Software Engineering team! This individual will help the growth of our private market’s platform - eFront Investment Cafe. eFront, a part of BlackRock, is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the Alternative Investments industry.
Fully integrated into our Aladdin eFront Engineering Team in Belgrade, you will be exposed to both the technical and functional layers of our most innovative products, while acquiring a unique skillset in the fast-growing Private Equity industry, and Alternative Investments in general. You will be a part of international and agile environment, with a strong drive for technical innovation.
The Engineering group you will join is in charge of eFront Investment Cafe, a modern Cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) offering, Number 1 leader on its market with half million users and one of our most exciting and innovative products from a technology perspective.
Technologies and Concepts involved:
eFront Investment Cafe is composed on multiple modules, implemented in a wide range of technologies. Your exposure to a particular set of technology will depend on the module you will be working on.
Below are technologies and tools you may have the opportunity to learn in your journey:
- Core Programming
- Java / Java EE
- API (API Gateway, RESTful, Swagger, OpenAPI etc.)
- Databases (MS SQL Server)
- Web/Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Source Management (Git, Gerrit)
- CI-CD (Azure DevOps, Maven, Jenkins)
- Database Schema Management (Liquibase)
- Code Quality (SonarQube, BlackDuck)
- Cloud Providers
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, EBS etc.)
- Azure (App Service, Docker, Kubernetes, Service Fabric, API Management, Service Bus, Blob Storage, etc.)
- Monitoring/Production Operations (AppDynamics, Splunk)
- Security (MFA, SSO)
What will you be doing?
As a member of a multi-skills Squad (Product Owner, Developers, Testers, Documentation Writer, CI/CD Engineer, Agile Coach, etc.), your responsibility will be to:
- Take an active part in all the phases of our SDLC:
- Design and develop brand-new features as well as investigate and fix defects
- Build/Deliver new versions as well as continue to improve our CI/CD pipeline further
- Act as an expert consultant to our Support Departments by resolving challenging situations, defining short term workarounds or solutions as well as building and delivering longer term improvements
- Take an active part in improving the product
- Bachelor or Master’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Organizational Sciences or related software engineering background
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code both on the front- and back-end
- A creative approach and a great taste for innovation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient English, both written and spoken
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.