Java Software Engineer
We’re Alchemy and we’re changing the world with software + science
We are an industry-specific cloud software company helping the $1 trillion specialty chemicals industry embrace digital transformation to accelerate innovations in chemistry. If you love advanced technologies, science, business software, and ambitious teams, we’d love to hear from you. With dual headquarters in San Francisco and Novi Sad, Serbia, we are a global company serving customers all over the world.
To learn more visit www.alchemy.cloud
As a Java Software Engineer at Alchemy, you contribute to the design and implementation of features for our products and applications. You’re a self-starter who thrives on tackling technical challenges and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects.
Our products support the world’s specialty chemicals companies - making them more efficient and innovative. If you are eager to work in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment building software with a fast-growing tech company, you should join our team.
- Build highly scalable enterprise applications
- Collaborate with Product Managers to build features
- Use a pragmatic TDD approach for building high-quality software
- Own features from a technical standpoint
- Accountable for delivery of projects within schedule
- 1-3 years developing commercial software in Java
- Expertise in object-oriented and functional design and implementation
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source Java stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Git, Junit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with building enterprise software for businesses
Qualities We Value
- Initiative - we have a shared bias for action
- Transparency - we clearly communicate what we are working on and why
- Accountability - we take individual and collective responsibility for what we do
- Trust - we trust that our team members will deliver as promised
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies for U.S. positions. If you have a candidate interested in Alchemy, they should apply electronically.