About the project
More about the project:
We have a complex, well-structured and mature project that has grown for the past 3 years - but this is just the start, as the project is evolving every day and our ambitions are big: for our client to become THE place to go for collateral management.
Starting out with a small team, it has now evolved into a project that encompasses almost 30 people. The team is made up of 2 groups, which are themselves split into 4 teams, containing testers, developers, DevOps and team leaders.
One of the main priority is to have the highest level of quality on the project; thus, we aim to have a stable, quality-focused development, which is being made possible through an open partnership for everybody involved in the team. The solution offered is Cloud-based, an innovation on the financial market, able to offer fast support for the client.
The client is always welcoming new ideas and solutions that the development team is coming up with, as the partnership is based on mutual collaboration.
This dynamic, growth-stage FinTech company is currently expanding its UK, US and Asia-Pacific footprint. The start-up is offering highly innovative solutions to enable their clients in managing a part of the risk of buying and selling financial instruments.
Our client’s goal is to provide the standard of good practices in what the financial industry refers to as ‘collateral management’. This is why the company has sought out partnerships with a top financial player in Europe, along with other financial service providers.
One of the main challenges today is to switch to event-based transactions and flows. Because the app is very large, managing the components and updating all the modules, as well as their audit, proves to be challenging, but we believe, not impossible. This might be something of a dare today, but as a growing product with new clients joining monthly - each of them bringing thousands of new transactions daily - it will offer our team the chance not to get bored any time soon.
What's new & to be appreciated:
Because of its unique standing within the financial industry, our engineering team is keen on any improvements. Every team member is encouraged to use our ‘Idea bucket’ and come up with a solution that will be discussed and backed up by the entire team, so every one of us can leave his mark on the project!
The testing and development processes are very well set up, and there is also a good organization and code review, thus managing the problem of technical debt resolution.
Every developer has access to a DevBox, which allows any type of changes, even in the database, as the UI is running locally.
We also use a few AWS services and we plan on moving more of the infrastructure to AWS. We currently use ECS (for hosting all the microservices), SQS (for queuing events), S3 (buckets storing and backups), Aurora (for database).
Documentation is updated every day (both business and features) and is available in Confluence, where every team member can check it out.
- 5+ years of experience in web development;
- Basic AWS know-how;
- At least 2 years of experience in dealing with React.js and Node.js;
- Understanding of web development principles (REST, SPA etc.);
- Experience in projects with microservice architecture;
- Understanding of Cloud Security;
- Knowledge of the Agile manifesto and SCRUM principles;
- Advanced communication and English language skills;
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative;
- 'Out-of-the-box' thinking;
- Pragmatic approach to technical evolution.
The role is threefold, as you will need to act as:
- A Scrum Master who solves impediments and is able to maintain the team as self-sufficient as possible;
- People Manager, helping and assisting in the development of the team members;
- Technical Lead, with a final say in the decisions taken.
- Own (with the contribution of the team) the development of the project;
- Be a technical referent for the team members;
- Uphold Agile processes;
- Be responsible for motivating and leading the team forward;
- Work with other leads, architects and tech leadership to define the best approach to technical problems;
- Provide visibility to tech leadership and identify bottlenecks and risks in advance;
- Follow industry trends and stray on top of new technologies;
- Mentor the team to increase technical level;
- Ensure the team follows the company guidelines and best practices, including (but not limited to): design patterns, security and documentation;
- Help architects and tech leaders to define company guidelines and best practices.
- Previous experience in working on an AWS project.
- Full remote development;
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- A more active lifestyle with the help of our PentaSport activities;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms;
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- A front-row seat to PentaBARs – our after-work tech events with a twist.
As a leading European Software Services company operating internationally in France, Romania, Germany, Poland, Moldova, UK, Vietnam, Mexico and USA, we employ over 1,200 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural working environment.
At Pentalog, your talents & ambitions are recognized and rewarded; we offer plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual, as well as a professional, and we reward our collaborators who understand the importance of self-improvement.
Deadline for applications: 02.05.2023.
Upoznaj kompaniju Pentalog
Pentalog je globalna kompletna platforma IT usluga dizajnirana da podrži digitalna i tehnološka preduzeća tokom njihovog životnog ciklusa: dizajn, razvoj, marketing i finansiranje. Primenjuju najbolje prakse Agile, Lean i DevOps da bi vam pomogli da izgradite vrednost proizvoda.
Koriste 3 vrste fleksibilnih modela angažovanja kako bi podržali sve vaše kratkoročne i dugoročne ciljeve: outsourcing, zapošljavanje i honorarno angažovanje. Pomažu vam u izradi održivih strategija koje ubrzavaju rast i pokreću performanse.
Oslanjaju se na 25 godina svetskog iskustva u IT outsourcingu, globalni tim od 1.000 stalno zaposlenih IT inženjera + 50 konsultanata i skup talenata od 300.000 profila koji će osnovati vaš tim i pokrenuti vaš projekat u roku od 4 nedelje.
Tvoje mišljenje nam znači!
Anonimno podeli svoje iskustvo i pomozi kandidatima koji se interesuju za ovu kompaniju.
Preporuke se učitavaju...