About this role
Within our Engineering Team in Belgrade, you will have exposure to both technical and functional aspects of our exciting products. Chance of acquiring a deep knowledge of the fast growing Private Equity Industry and Alternative Investments in general – you will also evolve in an international, agile and fast growing environment, with a strong drive for technical innovation.
The Engineering group you will join is in charge of eFront Investment Café, a modern Cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) offering, Number 1 leader on its market with half million users and one of our most exciting and innovative products from a technology perspective.
As a member of a multi-skills Squad (Product Owner, Developers, Testers, Documentation Writer, CI/CD Engineer, Agile Coach, etc.), your responsibility will be to:
- Take an active part in all the phases of our SDLC:
- Craft and develop brand-new features as well as investigate and fix defects
- Build/Deliver new versions as well as continue to improve our CI/CD pipeline further
- Act as an expert consultant to our Support Departments by resolving sophisticated situations, defining short term workarounds or solutions as well as crafting and delivering longer term improvements
eFront Investment Café is composed on multiple modules, implemented in a wide range of technologies. Your exposure to a particular set of technology will depend on the module you will be working on.
Below are technologies and tools you may have the opportunity to learn in your journey at BlackRock:
- Core Programming
- Java / Java EE
- .Net/.Net Core
- HTML5 (React, Knowout.js, jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass, Less, etc.)
- API (API Gateway, RESTful, Swagger, etc.)
- Databases (MS SQL Server, Cosmo DB)
- Web/Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebLogic, IIS)
- Source Management (Git, Gerrit)
- CI-CD (TFS, Maven, Jenkins)
- Database Schema Management (FlywayDB, Liquibase)
- Code Quality (SonarQube, BlackDuck)
- Cloud Providers
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, etc.)
- Azure (App Service, Docker, Kubernetes, Service Fabric, API Management, Service Bus, Blob Storage, etc.)
- Supervising/Production Operations (NewRelic, Splunk, Logstash)
- Security(MFA, SSO)
Essential skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc in computer science, software engineering, or related fields
- Core Programming, Java / Java EE
- Proficient in English
- A creative approach and an outstanding taste for innovation
- Good analytical skills and/or a strong mathematical background is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.