Junior Graphic Designer
Novi Sad, Serbia
Seniority level: Entry level
Industry: Graphic Design, Animation, Public Relations and Communications
Employment Type: 6 months, potential for full-time
Job Functions: Design, Art/Creative, Information Technology
About the Role
Future by Design is growing, and we are looking fo ra highly motivated Junior Graphic Designer to join the global team. Under the supervision of the Senior Graphic Designer and the CEO, the Junior Graphic Designer will produce high-quality and professional visual communication products to promote the Future by Design’s client work. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and team-oriented individual interested and knowledgeable in designing and delivering compelling visual communication products.
Future by Design is a global team composed of experienced and talented sustainable development experts and designers. We are dedicated to creating an exceptional design to support effective data visualisation on innovation and sustainable development. With a presence in Istanbul and Serbia, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of an international team, which strives to redesign tomorrow.
- Report to the Senior Graphic Designer to execute the overall design intent for each client;
- Layout print publications such as policy papers and reports while assisting in the creation of flexible InDesign templates;
- Design engaging visual content for the Future by Design website, interactive applications, social media channels, and email campaigns;
- Stay up to date with contemporary art and graphic design trends;
- Apply knowledge of layout, colour theory, typography, and iconography to execute a wide variety of graphic design projects for both print and digital;
- Follow the client‘s branding guidelines to ensure consistency and quality across all visual outputs;
- Be an engaged member of the team. Bring fresh ideas to meetings and be willing to go the extra mile to help team members;
- Manage personal workflow and schedule;
- Collaborate effectively across the organisation to ensure the delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables;
- Be passionate about sustainable development, innovation, and building a brighter future for the next generation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Communications or Media, Web Design or other closely related fields;
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in graphic design including graphic design/layout/production/communications layout;
- High-quality portfolio demonstrating advanced skills and competence in graphics, design and illustration (please provide in your application a link to your design portfolio with at least five samples of relevant previous work and a PDF file with short resume);
- Mastery of current graphic design practices and software, including Adobe CS5/CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and knowledge of Microsoft Office Package;
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Dreamweaver is an advantage;
- Illustration development is an advantage;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media and web platforms, with demonstrated experience generating engaging content;
- Experience with designing publications is an advantage;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English;
- Working knowledge in Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian or Chinese is highly desirable.
Who You Are
- Passionate about collaborating and rolling out the absolute best work;
- Impeccable taste in all things design and art;
- Great sense of humour;
- Gets happy and excited that no two days are the same;
- Loves working with numerous people day to day.
What does Future by Design offer you?
We are a group of multidisciplinary experts combining different skills to serve clients that innovate for a more sustainable future. You will have a chance to work with inspiring people who have a positive impact on lives in every corner of the world. Future by Design offers an opportunity to work and discover a wide variety of subjects and a chance to develop your skills and learn new ones to solve complex design challenges. Your design will have a positive impact on subjects that matter.
To apply, please submit your application electronically and include the following:
- Your resume;
- Link to your portfolio: Your design portfolio should include at least four examples of relevant previous work. In particular, we want to hear about the process involved in developing the design or project. Bonus points if you include 2-3 projects you have worked on for fun;
- Idea proposal on the following question: You are asked to support the design of a campaign to inform the Brazilian population of the risks related to deforestation in the country. What would be your creative approach? Be inspired - we would like you to detail your thinking process to develop and design the right message that will influence the targeted audience. Please answer in no more than 300 words plus images.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Future by Design is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.