We are looking for junior Service Engineer.
Our mission is to bring simple and scalable solutions for strong authentication and encryption to businesses around the world.
Find out more about Verisec solutions at https://www.verisecint.com/
A Service Engineer will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner. You will be responsible for working with different systems, software, and hardware, and you will follow standard procedures to escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments.
What will you do:
- Learn about and take part in technical support for software products and services.
- Work closely with products and customers and help in addressing and resolving issues with software products.
- Works closely with the sales team with pre-sales and proof of concept activities
- Guide customers and provide information about new software products and new releases.
- Learn company's processes and products/services.
- Learn about computers, computer networking, operating systems, data technologies, protocols and standards.
- Follow procedures for proper reporting and tracking of products/services issues.
- Work closely with software engineers and QA engineers to be informed about software features and bug fixes.
What skills are required for this position:
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Linux server experience, preferably Ubuntu Server
- Familiar with one of the following languages: Bash, Python, or Java
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What knowledge and skills are nice to have:
- Previous working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer
- Understanding of common network protocols and services (HTTP, SSH, DNS, TCP)
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Spanish
What do we offer:
- An opportunity to work in international team experienced in related technologies
- Private insurance
- 23 vacation days (+1 day on every two years spent in the company, +1 day for every child)
- 12 days of sick leave per year
- Competitive salary
- Great team culture and atmosphere
- Flexible working hours