We are looking for a Junior Java Developer to build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade software.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications.
- Works on development, test, maintenance, design and documentation of smaller software components (classes, scripts, packages, demo applications, applications/services).
- Learns programming, computer, data technologies, protocols and standards.
- Learns company's development practices, processes and products/services.
- Learns object oriented programming principles, best practices and design patterns.
- Learns to write a "clean" code - the code that's well designed, efficient, easy to maintain, and adapt to requirements changes.
- Learns to write automated tests (unit, integration and system tests) and to make a code design adapted for testing.
- Performs and recommends re-factoring of smaller software components.
- Entry level position works under guidance and supervision of senior colleagues.
- More experienced software engineer at this position can work independently and is responsible for bigger software components (e.g. multiple classes serving a given purpose, package or a smaller library), collaborates and discusses all phases of component development life cycle with senior colleagues.
- BS/MS degree or final year in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject preferably from School of Electrical
Engineering, Faculty of Organisational Sciences, or Faculty of Mathematics.
- Good communication skills in English
- Academic-level experience with Java
- Academic-level experience with Relational Databases
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
Nice to have
- Practical experience with Java, Maven, Vert.X or Spring, REST APIs, agile methodologies
- Basic proficiency with writing markup (HTML & CSS)
- Experience with linux command line interface
- Basic understanding of network protocols
Verisec International is a tech company that helps banks, corporates and government secure their digital communication channels.
We have a strong footprint in security for internet and mobile banks, ATM and payment networks.
Through advanced cryptographic technology, expertise and many years of experience, we ensure that sensitive transactions, including access to money and personal data, are carried out by the right individual with the right access privileges, that there is non-repudiable evidence of who did what, and that sensitive data always remains inaccessible and unreadable for unauthorized persons.
Our world uses words like crypto, strong authentication, biometrics, digital signatures and confidentiality; but for our customers, it is all about creating security and trust between merchants and consumers, authorities and citizens, banks and their customers as they transact digitally.