Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Front Arena is a leading global provider of financial software. We build systems for financial trading, risk management and position control. Our systems enable banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions to make critical decisions with confidence, execute their orders and follow up their positions. Independent of what asset class being traded: whether it is stock, commodities, rates or currencies; or whether it’s done through an exchange or over the counter, we’ve got it covered. But that’s just parts of it. We support the whole process from sell-side to buy-side, front-to-back.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will work on a wide range of tasks in Front Arena Workflow Team. The Workflow team builds functionality to handle deal entry, life-cycle events and back office such as payments and accounting for all asset classes. Responsibilities range from the implementation of business logic and design of UIs to the development of software infrastructure and technical frameworks. Our solutions are typically implemented using C/C++ or Python.
You will be part of an agile team with skilled and motivated developers and QAs that take full responsibility for its solution which includes both working on continuous improvements as well as innovations. This role offers stimulating work and challenging projects, where understanding customer requirements and solving problems is a key part, in combination with creating advanced technical solutions.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in our agile development process
- Participate in project planning sessions, working closely with other team members to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations
- Design and develop new software or make modifications to existing software applications, adhering to industry standards and best practices
- Take part in design and code reviews, and demonstrate software to all stakeholders
- Share knowledge and provide technical guidance to other team members within areas of expertise
What you bring:
- M Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, Industrial Engineering or similar degree
- 1+ year of experience in software development
- Knowledge of C++
- Understanding of object-oriented paradigm and the major design patterns
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- A great interest in developing sustainable solutions with focus on quality and performance
- Strong analytical thinking with an attitude that problems are to be solved
- Solid communication skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with agile software development tools and practices
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Knowledge in financial mathematics
- Interest in financial markets
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.