We are looking for a talented Lead Developer to work closely with our product owners to help shape and build the future of our Marketing ecosystem for the leading online gambling operator in Asia.
You would spend a lot of time programming, brainstorming on challenging problems, and prototyping different ideas. You wouldn’t be just churning through tickets in the backlog — you’d be helping to design entirely new products, figuring out what exactly we’re even building and why. While being a somewhat big company, we’re split into small teams which means that even though we each have our areas of expertise, we all wear many hats.
What you will be getting up to:
- Responsible for a team of approximately 5-8 developers (senior and mid-level)
- Working with the Solution Architects in recommending and building new solutions.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Analyse system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for the team.
- Provide guidance to all members of the team and mentoring where required.
- Responsible for performing proof-of-concept of new payment method integrations to extract the workflow of the product in coordination with Systems Analysts.
- Research and recommend software tools to management depending on business needs.
- Displays analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- The role requires being available for on call support as required.
You’d spend most of your time developing new exciting projects, for example:
- Building a new back-office application from scratch.
- Building a new front-facing application from scratch.
- Taking part in new payment provider integrations.
We’d also do a ton of work together like:
- Architecting and developing new features.
- Prototyping and evaluating potential implementations.
- Meeting business stakeholders to understand the problems they wish to address.
List of skills we think you'll need:
- Great English skills verbal & written
- Team spirit & team player
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good project management skills
- Advanced React knowledge
- Advanced Node.js knowledge
- Advanced Next.js knowledge
- Advanced npm or yarn knowledge
- Advanced Git knowledge
- Advanced Linux, Bash, SSH knowledge
- Advanced HTTP and REST knowledge
- Advanced Docker knowledge
- Advanced OOP and design pattern knowledge
- Advanced Redis knowledge
- Advanced Redux knowledge
- Advanced Caching: cache replication, TTL, poisoning, hit and miss, debugging
- Advanced in asynchronous data fetching mechanisms
- Proficient in composing complex React components, using hooks, React testing with react testing library