Are you a great coder or an awesome tech lead? Do you want a leadership role that fully utilizes your technical skills? Do you have the highest standards for code quality? If so, we are looking for you!
This is a great role for technical experts looking to add management responsibility without giving up technical expertise. For many technical stars, taking on management responsibilities requires you to give up the deep technical focus that made you a star in the first place. This role is different: it is not project management, HR management, or agile scrum master. You will not waste your time on non-technical activities. We want your technical expertise!
This job is all about coaching developers to write better code, make better technical decisions. You must know how to write the best code - simple, easy to read, and easy to understand - making you the best coach. If you are the top software developer on your team, this is the place to fast-track your career to the management level.
You will work across dozens of products and cloud technologies, refining and applying your skills on a daily basis, and building on top of the full suite of AWS services. Be prepared to dive in and learn new technologies - this job is not for people who want to specialize in only one technology. We want quick learners who love technology and are always hungry to learn more. We engineer our products to the highest quality standards.
Joining us is a great career move! Our management track is very different from the rest of the industry - we promote our best developers to management roles to use their technical expertise, not to do boring HR stuff. You’ll have room to grow… your way!
What you will be doing:
- Deep dive into work of your team, review the code submitted by your team, and resolve the root cause of problems
- Coach your team members how to increase the quality of their code based on real examples
- Drive a continuous improvement process - introduce new tools & automations based on real data analysis
What you will NOT be doing:
- Task assignment & priorities for your team (we have it automated)
- Endless committee meetings about business analysis or priorities
- Focusing only on your existing areas of expertise (we want you to learn new tech all the time)
- Lead a fully remote development team composed of the top 1% of global talent
- Upgrade the quality of your team’s code by showing them how to do it better
- Great at writing code, and quick to learn new coding languages
- Great at deep-diving into the code to find quality improvement opportunities
- Continuously increasing your team's work quality & performance
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit-tests, functional tests, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in system design, data structures, and algorithms
Nice to have:
- Hands-on cloud development experience
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise-grade SaaS products