Chainstack is the leading suite of services connecting developers with Web3 infrastructure, powering applications in DeFi, NFT, gaming, analytics, and everything in between.
From startups to large enterprises, Chainstack enables thousands of companies to cut down the time to market, costs, and risks associated with creating and scaling decentralized applications. By offering fast, reliable, and easy-to-use infrastructure solutions distributed globally, we make sure innovators can focus on what’s important.
We are currently looking for a passionate Infrastructure Director to lead Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations teams who are at the forefront of a cutting-edge technology stack and responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other Chainstack production systems running smoothly. The Infrastructure Director's primary responsibility and focus are building a world-class team including hiring and coaching and putting them in the best position to succeed while gaining further experience in the widest variety of cloud providers. As you will be a fundamental pillar of Chainstack, we need someone to spearhead our efforts to achieve near-perfect reliability and service quality across all of our products.
- Provide leadership to the Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations teams in multiple time zones across APAC, EU, and LATAM regions.
- Take complete ownership of infrastructure reliability and scalability
- Drive reliability and scalability initiatives around Chainstack production and representing these activities outside the Infrastructure department
- Provide strategic vision and technical guidance to the Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations teams
- Collaborate effectively cross-functionally to drive complex infrastructure and production issues at all levels, including providing executive-level communication and reporting
- Generate and implement process improvements, especially cross-team processes
- Hire, train, motivate, coach team members, and provide helpful feedback to cultivate an environment where team members can thrive and the team produce results
- 5 or more years of experience managing infrastructure engineering and/or operations teams
- Experience running a large-scale platform
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex cross-functional infrastructure-related decisions, as well as subsequent implementation and success tracking
- Strong technical background, such as in Kubernetes and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, and/or Azure)
- Able to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives
- Experience managing distributed remote teams
- Passionate about fostering practices that scale and encourage reproducibility and success
- Enthusiasm for providing feedback, teaching others, and learning new techniques
- Due to the timezones of the current team, a candidate with a Europe timezone is highly preferred
- Salary in USD
- Stock options
- Bleeding edge tech stack
- Lack of bureaucracy
- Flexible schedule
- Global fast-growing market
- Multinational team