We are looking for:
Level 1 Helpdesk Engineer
Who is Setton Consulting?
Setton Consulting is an New York City based MSP (Managed Services Provider) servicing SMB (Small and Medium Size Businesses) clients in the NYC area. We take a novel approach to IT and strive to be proactive in our support, standardize our solutions and document everything we do. We take pride in our work and are confident we are implementing the best solutions for our clients. The end result is solid networks, happy clients and most importantly, happy engineers! Yes, we care about our engineers.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document client technical issues
- Provide remote support, troubleshooting efforts, and remediation in a timely fashion
- Work and interface with clients on a daily basis by phone/email/ticketing system
- Install and configure client workstations and laptops
- Install and Configure Hardware
- Configure user accounts, user profiles, and system policies within MS AD
- Assist with the development, review, and implementation of various SOP’s for clients
- Assist in software and equipment patching and maintenance for clients
- Network documentation and asset inventory for clients
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvements within company and client networks
- Assist Network Engineering teams in specific project tasks as directed
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of client servers, switches, and routers
- Oral and written English communication skills at an advanced level
- High School Diploma
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to interact with various personalities using tact and diplomacy
- 1+ years’ experience working in or with the following: MS Windows Server 2008/2012 and 2016, managed DNS, MS Active Directory, Hosted or On Prem MS Exchange, MS Office 2013/2016, managed backup and AV solutions.
- Knowledge of various network practices and protocols including but not limited to TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, RDP
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related active Certifications proving competency is desirable
- IT certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft or Cisco
- Experience working in Helpdesk environment
- Experience with Remote Management Tools in an MSP environment (Labtech/Kaseya/Continuum)
- Experience with Documentation Tools (ITGlue, Wiki)
- Experience working with Autotask, ConnectWise, Tigerpaw or similar Professional Services Application tools.
- Experience in the following:
- Hyper-V / VMware ESXi
- HP Procurve Managed Switches
- Ubiquiti/Meraki Wireless Access Points
- Azure Resources
- O365 Hosted Exchange
- OSX Support
- VDI/Parallels/ Citrix/Horizon/Windows Terminal Server
- Webroot AV
- Experience in an MSP environment a BIG PLUS!
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible hours and vacation time
- Support from your manager and coworkers
- Team Building activities throughout the year
- Chance for a professional and personal development
- Paid training
Please submit your CV and accompanying letter in English only.
Offices in Novi Sad and Belgrade
Working hours are based on EST time zone (New York).