As we build and scale our portfolio of mobile solutions, Smith Micro Software provides even more exciting and challenging opportunities for tech professionals ready to help us revolutionize how businesses and customers interact with each other, and the world around them. We currently seek an experienced leader to drive the product roadmap for several of our biggest projects.
At Smith Micro, we develop software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to leading wireless service providers and cable MSOs around the world. Our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones and consumer IoT devices. The Smith Micro portfolio also includes a wide range of products for creating, sharing and monetizing rich content, such as visual voice messaging, optimizing retail content display, performing analytics on any product set, and 2D/3D graphics applications. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where your skills can have real impact, we need to talk.
The ideal candidate is a QA Engineer with a strong drive to ensure that products released from SMSI adhere to internal standards and meet customer expectations. This position will require interaction with other members of QA, developers, program managers, product managers, sales and working directly with the customer to ensure that requirements are being adequately tested while assisting the customer with root cause isolation on tier 4 support escalations. Ideally, the selected candidate is expected to work efficiently, both independently and as a part of a team, showing good knowledge of testing, time management and communication skills to achieve project goals and deadlines.
What you will do:
- Generate test plans, test scripts and test reports for targeted Smith Micro software
- Execute tests, including but not limited to regression tests and performance tests
- Create and maintain automation test framework and use cases for Android, iOS devices, Linux and web server projects
- Run automated test scripts against Android and iOS devices and assist with writing new automation code for new test scenarios.
- Update and report issues into Smith Micro’s bug tracking tool and work with Software Engineers to resolve issues
- Maintain detailed records of all test cases and reports on all tests run against each development release
- Perform advanced maintenance and troubleshooting on Windows/Linux workstations
- Assist with deployment, delivery and support of software to customer environments
- Work directly with the development team to find the root fault of failures identified during testing.
- Create and manage complex test environments that simulate several customer scenarios.
- Participate in regular meetings with customers, product managers, product managers and sales to ensure that test requirements are being met while adhering to aggressive release schedules.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software testing
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with a wide range of platforms including Linux Server, SQL databases, Android devices, iOS devices and web services
- Advanced knowledge of scripting or programming languages including Java, Python, Bash, and/or Perl
- Experience working with Android and iOS debugging and automation tools like Android Studio, XCode, Appium
- Experience working with AWS or other Cloud Computing platforms
- Working knowledge of Linux platform and CLI interfaces
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience with commercial test management systems, such as SpiraTeam or TestRail
- Experience with defect management systems such as JIRA, BugZilla or ClearQuest
- Previous demonstrated experience writing test plans that validate complex requirements
- Proven debugging & troubleshooting skills
We’re looking for creative thinkers, game-changing challengers and individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We won’t just hire anyone. Only amazing people like you – those who are driven, focused, and interested in ever-changing technology.
We offer competitive pay, paid time off and holidays, and a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance benefits, an employee stock purchase program, a 401(k) plan with company match, and more.