Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help us apply the recent advances in machine learning to ad blocking problems. In this position you would be expected to build and maintain our internal tools, like admincer, manage inference infrastructure, and integrate trained models into our products. You will be interfacing with machine learning models, deep understanding of machine learning techniques is desirable. You will be part of a team focused on automating ad blocking. This will involve proactively identifying, framing and solving problems.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Build and maintain internal tools for curation of our datasets
- Deploy and support ML models on the server-side
- Develop and maintain tools and processes for annotation of ad detection datasets
What you bring to the table...
- Applied machine learning background
- Ability to proactively and autonomously solve problems
- Experience implementing machine learning in Python
- Experience with either TensorFlow or PyTorch for both training and inference tasks
- Experience deploying machine learning projects to real users
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working in Agile teams
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- The advertising technology industry
- Ad-blocking technology
- Browser extensions
- Browser instrumentation (Puppeteer, Selenium etc)
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons