Connect The Dots (CTD) is a San Francisco venture-backed start-up founded in February 2019 with the mission of revolutionizing the way professional relationships are managed. We’ve quietly raised $20M from top tier investors while in stealth mode. Our team and offices are based in Belgrade and San Francisco.
Our next major challenge is to architect for scale. The product is a hybrid consumer / business application building a behavior-based social graph based on massive amounts of historical emails and other data sources. Scaling this graph is an order of magnitude more complex than current state of the art global social graphs.
Either a Bachelors or Masters Degree in a related Design field focused on product design or at least 3 years of experience creating digital products for web, mobile, or both.
- Proven abilities with cutting edge design tools. Primarily Figma but additional tools as needed.
- Proven level ability to effectively use communication tools. Primarily Slack and email.
- Proven experience working with Product Managers, Researchers, and both Front-end and Back-end engineering teams.
- Experience working with Researchers to prepare detailed prototypes for testing novel ideas, receiving and implementing feedback, and iterating designs based on feedback.
- Proven ability to produce successful design solutions, prototypes, and communicate the results with detailed specifications.
- Experience working with, maintaining, and leveraging design systems.
- Experience communicating design decisions based on knowledge of the target ICP (Ideal Customer Profile) and their needs. Storytelling abilities are a big plus.
- Ability to provide design and product feedback, with a focus on providing the best possible solution for our customers.
- Comfortable providing constructive feedback to aid fellow Designers and Product leads with ideas, insights, and innovations.
- Comfortable evaluating competitive products to leverage existing patterns.
- Solid understanding of HCI principles and emerging design trends and patterns.
- As a member of an emerging startup your primary responsibility is making sure we are evolving toward product/market fit.
- Provide design solutions that incorporate customer knowledge, industry knowledge, and deliver how our product should look, feel, and behave.
- Explore, create, ideate and produce design assets to drive conversations about what we should build as a Product team.
- Create testable prototypes when necessary for effectively evaluating proposed design solutions prior to building new features.
- Create detailed specifications that support the FE and BE engineering teams when implementing new features.
- Contribute to Design Reviews with industry, design, and competitive insights.
- Stay current with industry trends, tools, design patterns, and share relevant findings with the team.
- Design thinking. You think carefully about our users’ goals and leverage various design methodologies to analyze a problem and propose well thought out and reason solutions.
- Relentlessly customer obsessed. You can easily empathize with our ICP’s and people who match our documented Personas. You should have a growing and deepening understanding and intuition for what they need.
- Always asking why. Requests for new features come from all sorts of places, you have a habit of always understanding the "why" and what really needs to be achieved.
- Emerging master of the tools. A strong mastery of digital design tools. We're a Figma shop for most of our work, but additional tools may be required for other design related tasks.
- Visual design: Visual design experience, experience building or contributing to design systems, illustration experience or any of the adjacent design disciplines.
- Very generous equity plans
- Private health insurance
- Breakfast, beverages, and snacks in the office
- Fast-paced San Francisco startup experience
- Work environment that will help you grow and learn
- Features designed, developed and deployed in days, not months
- Latest and greatest hardware and software tools
- New offices with a pool and leisure area
- Fun and inclusive atmosphere with high-performing colleagues
- CEO, Drew Sechrist (Ex Salesforce)
- Head of Design, Ian Swinson (Ex Salesforce, Facebook, Anaplan)
- Head of Engineering, Ivan Rajković (Ex Adacta)
- CMO & Head of Product, Jamie Grenney (Ex Salesforce, Ownbackup, Okta, PlanGrid)
- Head of Data Science, Jelena Graovac (University of Belgrade, Faculty of Mathematics)