Devtech is a global digital innovation company that helps emerging and Fortune 1000 businesses transform, scale, and disrupt through digital and cloud technologies.
As a trusted partner to some of the world’s leading companies such as Google, Nokia, Ingram Micro, Mimecast, Acronis, Telecom Italia, Dogado, Coca-Cola, HBO, and others, we help our clients envision and develop next-generation technology solutions that drive business outcomes.
Founded in 2012, Devtech successfully bootstrapped the business for many years, before securing our first round of institutional funding from Claret Capital for €12M in 2022 to fuel our next stage of growth. We are now a team of more than 250 professionals that span Europe and North America. Our continued growth is testament to the quality of work our teams produce.
At Devtech, we’re focused on building an environment that enables and encourages autonomy, mastery and purpose for all team members. As we continue our global growth journey, we are seeking the best and brightest to join our team and help us execute our ambitious plans.
What you’ll do
Reporting to IT Operations & Security Manager, you will be working on improving the efficiency and excellence of Devtech’s IT operations globally, and managing company’s systems, networks, hardware, and software.
- Implementing, installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting all existing and new Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac workstations
- Ensuring efficient IT setup both for our physical offices and remote WFH (Work from Home) option
- Upgrading hardware computer components
- Supporting deployment, configuration and administration of software and services used
- Configuring and maintaining Windows Server virtual machines
- Configuring firewalls, routing, and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Performing systems administration functions for Windows AD infrastructure, software updates, anti-virus, backups, etc.
- Providing end-user support, resolving technical issues, and providing technical assistance for all operating systems and applications
- Providing high-quality desktop and helpdesk support, monitoring and responding to tickets submitted through ITS, and ensuring all applications, workstations, and related equipment issues are resolved promptly with minimum disruptions
- Assisting and training users on new hardware and/or software use
- Assisting with employee onboarding and offboarding process setup, including implementing improvements to the process
- Troubleshooting hardware and software errors, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems and assessing the impact of issues
- Participating in developing, maintaining and implementing policies and practices
- Proactively implementing process improvements and automating IT operations
- Collaborating with vendors if and as needed
- Ensuring data is handled, transferred, and processed according to legal and company guidelines
In performing work duties, respecting principles of security, availability, integrity, and confidentiality defined in the internal acts.
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years of experience as an IT System Administrator (or in a related work field) in a company with 100+ employees
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft ecosystem, including OS Windows 10/11, Azure, Microsoft 365, Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with Active Directory Users/Policy management and integration with Azure
- Experience with infrastructure networks, Windows Server OS and virtualization
- Experience with MDM concepts, PKI concepts for certificate management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Serbian and English
- The ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- Willingness to incidentally work in evenings in case of incidents
- Proactive approach to IT operations and a team-player attitude
What we offer
- Development program (training & conferences, internal knowledge sharing)
- Outstanding referral bonuses
- Private health insurance and 100% paid sick leave
- 25 days of vacation
- Paternity leave – 15 days for new dads
- Reduced working hours for the first month after returning from maternity leave
- Mental health program
- English language courses