Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
- Define and iterate the vision and strategy for our mobile products, keeping in line with the company's strategy
- Ensure that the roadmaps for your teams are clearly defined and prioritized
- Prepare and manage the product backlog, write and prioritize stories, and work with the team to groom them for implementation
- Work with user researchers to identify and solve the needs of our users
- Coordinate with user support to find opportunities to enhance our products and grow user satisfaction
- Specify the requirements of a given feature
- Monitor and measure launched features and feed learnings back into the product development process
- Ensure that decisions made regarding our products are transparent to everyone in the company
- “Rally the troops” by obtaining all necessary stakeholder buy-in to move a project forward to implementation
- Define the data metrics or feedback required to validate the product’s goals, and ensure those metrics are available to everyone in the company
- Being data-driven—especially working with analytics to better understand what our users want, and measuring how much they love it
- Being on the cutting edge of mobile software on both Android and iOS platforms
- Defining strategy and delivering results
- Being self-directed and trusted with big responsibilities
- The flexibility of working remotely, or at one of our offices in Cologne, Berlin or Malmö
What you bring to the table...
- A seasoned professional with at least 3 years experience managing mobile products specifically
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and collaborate with stakeholders effectively
- Experienced with working in agile teams, particularly in the role of Product Owner
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Mobile browsers
- The advertising technology industry
- Ad-blocking technology
- Launching new products
- Marketing strategy
- User research methodologies
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons