Our HQ is in downtown Milan, but you'll be working from the comfort of your home.
Compensation & Benefits
Generous, top of market, and moreover can grow very rapidly and include stock options, depending on performance. You’ll receive the latest phone, personal computer and wireless noise-canceling Bose headset, as well as any software you might need to perform at your best.
We’re aiming to become the #1 in the world at developing and publishing mobile apps. How could software engineering not be at the very core of this enormously ambitious mission? Already serving tens of millions of users and adding hundreds of thousands every day, we rely on our exceptional engineers to keep raising the bar in terms of code quality, speed of execution, and especially user experience. With bigger and bigger frontiers to conquer, we’re looking for a passionate, bright, and driven software engineer that is eager to bring our apps to the next level.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Participate in and contribute to product development and product roadmap planning. We commend taking a proactive role on and ownership of the products you work on.
- Help define the software architecture of new apps or that of new features for existing apps, and then develop them. The work spans broadly from engineering and coding features to polishing world-class user interfaces.
- Constantly improve the quality of our products by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary.
- Expand our set of libraries as needed to make yourself as well as other engineers more efficient and effective.
- Stay informed on new mobile technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work.
What We Offer
- Huge impact. You’ll be working on products used by tens of millions of people all around the world. The quality of your work will make a decisive difference both to the users and to Bending Spoons.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn (and teach to!) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Own products. We don’t work for clients, but only develop our own apps. Freed from politics, we can move fast and be daring.
- People who lift each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You'll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international. Our company language is English. We’re a global reality.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “punch in, punch out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
What We Look For
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing software. It’s a big plus if you have a demonstrated interest in developing mobile apps.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and look to understand stuff truly in depth.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You get turned on by getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that, when getting things done in a competitive world, speed is often as important as quality.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring and you’re entrepreneurial in seeking out new opportunities and testing new ideas of your own accord. You don’t just wait to be told what to do all the time.
- A knack for UX. You care to develop quality user experiences, and tend to notice the details that make a difference.
- Diligence, organization. You can blindly be entrusted with big responsibilities as well as small, more menial tasks.
- Humbleness. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficient in English. You read and write proficiently, and speak at a conversational level in English.
- Availability. We work 9-6 GMT+1. Our schedule is flexible, but we prefer to work together most of the time. That’s why you should live somewhere with a similar timezone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.