As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the role:
We are looking for a Model Validation Analyst with a background in statistics, model validation, or technical systems testing. In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out model validation on our in-house and third-party vendor models. You will work closely with stakeholders in Compliance, Product and Engineering - as well as with vendors - to help Kraken be compliant with model validation requirements in all of the areas we service.
The ideal candidate should have some familiarity using Python and SQL to design and implement output testing in a professional setting, ideally in the banking sector or with a similar financial services provider.
- Helping Kraken demonstrate effective challenge for the models it uses in support of mitigating customer and compliance risk
- Perform and document rule testing and tuning activities including back-testing, above- and below-the-line testing, benchmarking and sensitivity analysis.
- Lead and document formal model validation review meetings with Compliance stakeholders and ensure that agreed recommendations are implemented.
- Develop and implement test scripts for model validation backtesting and output analysis
- Prepare technical and systems documentation in collaboration with other teams (Product, Engineering).
- Conduct timely ad-hoc and scheduled data analysis to support the Compliance team.
- 2+ years experience using Python or SQL in a professional environment
- Experience with rule testing and threshold tuning in a Financial Compliance or Fraud setting
- Proven ability to perform model validation work according to OCC/NYDFS standards, or according to other similar regulatory requirements globally
- Ability to thrive in an environment of ‘freedom with responsibility’.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across functions.
- Experience with Gitlab or similar version control software
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.