Who we are
Sketch is an award-winning platform that helps over one million designers, from freelancers to some of the world's largest teams, design better products every day. We're proud of where we've come from, who we are and where we're headed.
What we do
It's an exciting time to join our expanding Marketing team. We have ambitious plans in place for 2020 and need to recruit an experienced Motion Graphics Designer to help deliver upon on our goals.
Our aim is to grow our brand profile on a global scale, retain and strengthen our position as an industry leader, and help our users design better products with Sketch.
Marketing is made up of the following teams:
- Copy and content; who educate and inform our users at every stage of their journey
- Community and events; who put Sketch at the heart of major design conferences and local meetups
- Web and digital; who grow and shape our web and digital presence
- Social; who manage and develop our channels to help reach our global audiences
What you'll do
As our Motion Graphics Designer you'll sit within our web and digital team. Here you'll use your skills and knowledge to create content that engages our external audiences so that we can tell our brand story, and present our product messaging in the most compelling way.
You'll be responsible for creating a range of different types of content, from beautiful animations to educational/explainer videos and tutorials, assets for our website and social channels, and more.
You'll sit within the Marketing Team but work closely with our Internal Design team as the custodians of our brand.
What we're looking for
You should be a creative, imaginative and a curious self-starter, with a passion for design and deep knowledge of the culture and industry surrounding it. But most of all you'll have an undying love of visual storytelling.
We'll expect you to apply your expertise from day one so that Sketch stays at the forefront of design and content innovation.
You should have experience collaborating with creative departments to establish a project vision and objectives. Experience of presenting ideas to stakeholders, explaining decisions and implementing feedback is also really important.
Our team works remotely and communicates mostly in writing, so you'll need to have excellent grasp written English, great communication and self-management skills, and be comfortable working in a remote position in assigned sprints.
- 3+ years as Motion Graphics Designer
- Experienced in storyboarding and creating concepts
- Ability to create animations, 2D vector-based animations, dynamic infographics, videos, and GIFs from start to end for web and mobile
- Ability to edit raw footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics, together with editing/flowing in music tracks
- A high proficiency in design principles and typography
- A good working knowledge of Sketch and the confidence to teach it to others
- Working knowledge of either Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro, as well as motion graphics software such as After Effects or Cinema 4D
- Have an understanding of social media platforms and how to use creative on them
- Located in European or the Americas (with working hours that cross over with Europe)
- Experience of creating AR/VR content
- Graphic Designer role experience
- Confident in creating tutorial content from start to finish, including example files to go alongside videos