Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
Provides operational support for all services delivered by the Ball Global Connectivity department which include WAN, LAN, Wireless-LAN, MAN, Video and Voice services. Documents and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for the services. Responsible for delivering technical solutions of a complex nature in support of business requirements. Designs, configures, tests, installs, monitors and supports complex applications on high-end platforms within the global network. Ensures solutions are in alignment with the operations architecture blueprint and adheres to standards and policies, and are clearly aligned with the priorities of the business.
Reports to: Manager III
- Tunes the operating environment parameters to ensure the efficient use of existing resources
- Suggests improvements to optimize the current environment with tools for efficient turnaround
- Performs hands-on network administration tasks including installation of network products, configuration of technical environments, backup configurations and recovery
- Seeks opportunities to automate administrative tasks and procedures
- Troubleshoots complex problems with Windows, UNIX, Linux and/or ERP production support issues and provides post-trouble continuous improvement guidance (post-mortems, revised best-practices, and updated documentation/procedures/training/general learning in formal method)
- Assesses the performance of systems to identify and correct problems which impact operating efficiencies and quality. Maintains active liaison role with user community to ensure the continuing responsiveness of the systems to the users’ requirements
- Provides a high level of customer service, partners with end-users in the resolution of issues or in the deployment of enhancements
- Provides operations support as part of global team
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions
- Has experience and an desire to document technical standard operating procedures
- Has substantial experience working in an incident based ticketing system within network operations teams
- Proven focus in metrics-driven delivery: defining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), monitoring SLAs, enhancing environment to meet SLAs
- Working knowledge of voice and data network topology
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of WAN and LAN knowledge to include STP, OSPF, BGP, and VRFs
- LAN/MAN operations experience (Spanning tree, DHCP, DNS, VLAN), Physical wiring experience copper/Fiber/Wireless (layout & design)
- Valid CCNA certification, or ability to display CCNA or above knowledge
- 3-5 years of network operations experience
- Proven track record of performing work in a stressful and demanding, customer facing, environment
- Experience with Prime, Splunk, WireShark, and / or other troubleshooting tools
- “Self-Starter” capable of operating at a high level and develop needed documentation
- Experience with all: deploying, refreshing, and maintaining operational environments
- Vendor management experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably a BS in a related field or engineering
- Experience with multinational networking
- Familiarity with firewall technologies
- Cisco VoIP telephony experience
- Experience with Mobility technologies
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.