At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The Network Engineer will report to the regional People Manager, working under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Network Services. The candidate for this job and his/her team members are responsible for the smooth operation and implementation of network infrastructure and related systems. The position requires the ability to plan, design, and implement WAN/LAN infrastructure to meet business requirements.
- Support, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer network systems
- Working with customers and 3rd party vendors on implementations / troubleshooting
- Internal pre-sales/post-sales technical consulting and support
- Collaboration with regional and global network/security teams
Knowledge and Education
- Practical and demonstrable knowledge in networking and firewalls
- Knowledge of switching / routing principals and technologies
- Understanding of VPN and related technologies
- Understanding of IT security concepts and industry best practices
- Understanding of datacenter and related technologies
- Basic understanding of IT business operations/processes
- Completion of community college
- Technical Diploma in telecommunications / computer networking or equivalent
- Practical experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Familiarity with FortiGate and Check Point
- Experience with F5 load balancer
- Practical experience working in a team environment
- 1 to less than 3 years of work related experience
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
In addition, the applicant should have the ability to work under direction, as part of a team, or independently, as required in execution of any given task. The ability to identify the scope of tasks and problems as they arise, assigning relevant priority to resolving issues then taking them to their final conclusion is expected. A flexible approach in finding solutions to given projects or tasks is also required within this role.
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer
- Regular travel 5-15% of the time
- Able to communicate in English language (listening, writing, speaking)
Magna je globalni lider u automobilskom inženjeringu i dizajnu. Bave se proizvodnjom i razvojem komponenata koje se koriste u automobilskoj industriji i dizajniraju automobile za najpoznatije svetske proizvođače, stalno pomerajući granice inovacija i stila.