Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Hybrid working model
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Extra week off for new parents
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fibre ‘gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability and customer service.
Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it's grown into our largest office with more than 700 people.
Whatever we're doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for a Network and IT Operations Engineer who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
This function will provide L1 support for Network and IT estate, resulting in high reliability of the network and IT services, contributing high NPS score. Also, this function will provide support for BAU and HZ acceptance into service, contributing Hyperoptic footprint growth. This role includes working on a rotating shift basis with 24/7 coverage.
What will you be doing?
Maintain network equipment and keep monitoring system up to date:
- Implement new network devices i.e. switches, routers, servers
- Keep Network Monitoring systems and Inventory Management up to date
- Update devices with the latest configurations
- Install relevant software and patches on network devices
Manage and handle network incidents:
- React promptly to alarms received from monitoring tools, ticketing systems or emails
- Maintain clear communications with relevant teams during the resolution of any network incident
- Keep a record of all network issues with the remedy and send a report to line manager
- Escalate to relevant internal or external parties to resolve the issue quickly
- Take proactive steps and actions to avoid network incidents
Accept equipment into service:
- Perform required tests on newly installed network devices in order to be accepted into service
- Update Inventory Management and Network Monitoring systems
Build configuration files and documentation for new sites:
- Analyze received documentation
- Define appropriate equipment that needs to be installed
- Build topology and configuration files for chosen equipment
Resolve technically advanced customer issues escalated by Customer Service:
- Resolve customer-related issues and respond to the ticket escalated by CS
- Do all necessary steps to prevent a recurrence
Participate in projects:
- Participate in network projects on keeping the network stable and reliable
- Participate in network projects on new network design implementation
- Provide support to Junior Network and IT Operations engineers
What are we looking for?
- PON experience is a plus
- CCNA certification or relevant experience
- At least 6 months of experience working as a Junior Network and IT Operations Engineer
- Good knowledge of Ethernet, IP, Broadband, and IT technologies
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Good understanding of troubleshooting network & IT services issues
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Team player
- Reliable and proactive
- Dedicated to continuous learning
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to details
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
- You apply
- We carefully review your application
- We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now)
We look forward to hearing from you.