About this role
In this community manager role, you will be our second dedicated hire managing our diverse and exciting node operator community.
Node operators are critical to our network, acting as the processing center between raw data sources and job requests from Chainlink users. You will steward this community of node operators, providing hands-on support to them across the entire node lifecycle through evaluating, onboarding, maintenance, job assignment, troubleshooting, and network development.
Your job will be to see the Chainlink experience through the eyes of our node operators and make ongoing refinements to our processes to empower their success. Building collaborative relationships with our 40-strong node operator community (which is due to increase to 70 by the end of the year), you’ll be a foundational member of the team, enabling the rapid scaling of the Chainlink ecosystem. If you thrive on applying your technical leadership skills to nurturing communities, are excited by a decentralized future, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of Chainlink’s already stratospheric growth story, we’d love to hear from you.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
- Node operator onboarding - along with our engineers, evaluating potential node operators and guiding them through implementation
- Node operator management - providing ongoing mentorship and support to the community
- Maintaining data provider quality - understanding the value secured on behalf of users, and exercising your judgment to evaluate data quality, connecting node operators with the right API providers for the job
- Node operator quality - using your commercial and technical skills to monitor network health and ensure the highest service quality provision by node operators to users
- Maintaining healthy financial incentives for node operators to ensure network sustainability.
- Experience with financial modeling and or community incentive schemes
- Knowledge about validator ecosystem and Proof of Stake networks
- An understanding of the DeFi space (as many of our users are DeFi projects)
- Hands-on experience with JSON
- An analytical thinker able to take a bigger picture view of the ecosystem
- Experience with Go, Node.js or any scripting languages is a plus
- This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Smart contracts are on track to change the world, revolutionizing how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any and all events in the real world. The details of our approach can be found in Chainlink's whitepaper.