You are an experienced developer and want to work with the newest technologies. You love having big goals, real world challenges, and making customers incredibly happy whilst fostering your need for perfect code and user experience. Then you are the person Zilker Technology is looking for.
Come join this innovative and passionate team of engineers to help build the next generation of awesome products and experiences using latest cutting edge technology. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do!
Job location: Belgrade
The ideal candidate enjoys and thrives in working with a variety of tools, languages, systems and architectures while building scalable services and platforms to power current and future products.
- Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that provide innovative solutions to challenging programming and design problems.
- Design, develop and maintain responsive web applications providing awesome user experiences in desktop and mobile devices.
- Hands-on development. Write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability and performance.
- Program daily in Node.js, Angular, ExpressJS, and others.
- Build out unit tests and other automated tests.
- Build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high quality code
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Designers, QE/QA and other Zilker teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results forward for Intuit.
- Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with team members and other stakeholders.
- Stay aware of industry trends and make technology choices and strategic decisions. Subject matter expert on web technologies.
- Ensure the shipment of high quality products and features.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Deep experience with Node.js and frameworks available for it (LoopBack & ExpressJS).
- Experience with ECMA Script 2015 (features supported in Node.js 4)
- Experience with HTML5 & CSS3 frameworks such as bootstrap.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Expertise in Software Design and Architecture.
- Scrum, Agile Process, Unit Testing & Test Driven Development.
- Nice to have: Experience with common authentication mechanisms (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, Basic), Bootstrap 3, Mocha unit testing knowledge.
Our definition of “culture fit”:
- A great communicator both in how you listen and how you engage others in discussion.
- Immerse yourself in both the Zilker community and in the developer community to carry Zilker's mission, vision and values forward in each of your interactions.
- Exhibit a selfless dedication to our customers, our team and our values.
- Exhibit a deep belief in the product/project
- Demonstrate a willingness to do whatever you can to make Zilker better.
- A meaningful full-time job that provides you daily confirmation that your skills, talent and experience are making a difference in the world
- Bonus plan for our employees
- A great opportunity to grow as a software professional
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- A design-minded, highly talented, dynamic and empathetic team and product process.
- A modern and light-filled office space
- Opportunities to travel
About Zilker Technology
Zilker Technology is an IBM Software Solution Provider focused on Digital Experiences, Smarter Commerce, Mobile, Creative Agency, CoC, PureApp, IIB, DataPower, APIM, etc. Company was founded in 2014 by leadership team who built a 600-person consultancy in North America, Europe, and Brazil from 2002-2012.
We are an expert integrator that combines the agility of a start up with the experience, scalability, and process rigor of a global consulting firm. We invest heavily in pre-sales of IBM Software, and then provide delivery excellence to encourage the adoption of more IBM solutions.
Corporate Headquarter is in Austin, Texas, with US nationwide coverage, and European team in Belgrade, Serbia.
Our team has deep and varied eCommerce, Portal (DX), Social, Mobile, Smarter Process, and Creative skill sets. These skills coupled with our ability to execute make Zilker an excellent partner for creating, developing and improving digital experiences. The team has implemented or enhanced more than 100 Portal and/or Middleware solutions for a wide variety of clients.
Zilker is expanding its eCommerce, social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of services that are revolutionizing the industry. Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel innovation