A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms across all disciplines. We operate more than 250 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms to better serve the scientific community. Please find below a list of our main platforms:
To expand and strengthen our IT & R&D team we are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to build and maintain our frontend and backend systems. The PHP Developer is a full-time position in our office in Belgrade.
As a PHP Developer you will
- Work on various projects from design phase to production phase
- Collaborate with internal teams to design and develop new features
- Implement new logic for future functionalities
- Maintain and update both backend and frontend
- Learn through sharing good practices
- PHP, Symfony Framework, MVC
- HTML5, CSS, SASS, JS, jQuery
- REST, JSON
- Ubuntu, Nginx, MySQL, Solr, Elasticsearch, Git
- Mongo, Memcached
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science
- At least 3 years of experience in PHP OOP projects
- Strong knowledge of Symfony or other PHP frameworks is a plus
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Good frontend skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture
- Team player with the capability to work in a dynamic and international environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to think outside the box to identify and solve problems whilst developing creative and innovative solutions
Questions and Application
Please send your application letter and CV electronically.