This is a key role which will suit a very strong senior developer and software architect who is happy working in a dynamic team and taking full responsibility for completing feature enhancements within overall development cycle as well driving the development.
This technical architect and lead developer will lead all aspects of the software development lifecycle from scoping requirements and writing use-cases through to system architecture.
This pivotal role reports directly to Head of Development and requires a focused individual with exacting standards and who is passionate about creating reusable, scalable and maintainable software architecture on PHP and related frameworks. Personal attributes required include: a passion about technology, talent, mental agility, high standards and meticulous attention to detail.
The key functions of the PHP Technical Architect & Lead Developer include:
- Using object oriented analysis and design to turn pre-agreed development tasks and requirements into scalable architecture.
- Use-case/story writing for functional requirements
- User story estimating
- Iteration planning
- Documentation of certain key areas of the system
- Coding this architecture to pre-agreed standards.
- Running regular code reviews with junior developers
- Tracking & updating user story status during iterations
- Report on progress in weekly tech-team meeting.
- Facilitate daily scrums
- Manage release process
- Lead maintenance of live release
- Testing the completed code.
- Ensure code test coverage meets agreed levels
- Working with the accessibility and QA consultants to launch new releases and updates to project stakeholders
- 5+ Years’ working in object oriented PHP 5
- Experience working with agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience of continuous integration, build and release techniques
- Understanding of common design patterns
- Ability to lead software development project lifecycle
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work.
- Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload.
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous technical documentation and user stories
- Ability to lead the development team under the direction of the Head of Development
- Opportunity to participate in creating a global industry-changing product
- Great international team and informal start-up atmosphere
- Strong company culture and team spirit
- Opportunity to learn and improve technical and soft skills
- Possibilities for career development as the company grows
- 25 vacation days
- Competitive salary
- Equity incentives
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.