NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The PS Engineer role is hands-on requiring analytical, architectural and design skills in addition to programming ability and a commitment to Product quality through thorough testing, sound practical design and review. Involved in all aspects of the Product life cycle from requirements gathering, analysis, design, review, development and iteration / refactoring of Product enhancements (including leading small teams where appropriate) to providing assistance to the project delivery teams in either a Product Support or Consultant capacity.
To successfully manage the typical responsibilities in this position, it is required:
- Spring Framework, Spring Security
- Release Management with SVN
- Networking LAN/WAN
- Databases JDBC/MSSQL and Oracle
- UI-Design with Thymeleaf or Angular / HTML5/CSS3
- Analysis and capture of client and internal requirements
- Unit and integration testing
- Attend all company mandated/recommended training courses
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and skills:
- University Degree, ideally Computing or IT related;
- 3 years of software development experience;
- Excellent communicator with strong oral and written skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Good knowledge of English language is essential
- German language knowledge will be an advantage.
- Required to comply with and adhere to all applicable facility, safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations while working for this company.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.