At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
As a mobile software engineer, your mission at Hopin will be to design, build, maintain and evolve the iOS & Android real-time-communication (RTC) SDK that will power our applications. RTC is at the core of all the Hopin products and this is a unique opportunity to work in SCALE, USERS, ETC. If you enjoy working with Kotlin and C++ this is a perfect opportunity for you. You will report to our Engineering Managers and Directors within our platform team.
- Design, build and maintain the RTC iOS and Android SDKs.
- Create easy to use APIs and sample code to illustrate best practices to use the SDK.
- Collaborate with product & engineering to drive definition and implementation of new features.
- Innovate using ML & AI for RTC on mobile devices.
- Have a good understanding of the application life cycle and the mobile app architecture.
- Experience building iOS & Android SDKs using multiplatform technologies (e.g. Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile).
- Fluent in OBJ-C/Swift and Java development with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Good experience with client-server communication and networking (TCP, UDP) protocols.
- Experience with media APIs on iOS and Android.
Nice to have
- Experience using WebRTC technologies to build applications.
- Familiar with RTP/RTCP, ICE, STUN protocols.
- Computer vision, media processing and audio/video codecs experience.
- Using ML&AI libraries to build applications.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
Deadline for applications: 23.10.2021.