FishingBooker is the world's leading online travel company specialized in fishing. We are one of Southeast Europe's fastest-growing tech companies, enabling easy access to great fishing for anglers worldwide.
We are looking for a Product Designer who is ready to change the sportfishing industry with us.
You’ll join our Design team in Belgrade, Serbia, in a fast-moving, “scale-up” environment. You'll take part in a vibrant, maturing startup that values strong execution, teamwork, and growth.
About the role
Product Designers at FishingBooker must be excellent collaborators – you’ll be working in a dynamic, diverse environment where our culture of candor and teamwork are key to success.
As a member of the Design team, your core responsibility will be to combine your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user base.
FishingBooker’s Design team is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who see projects through from an idea to the final product. All with the ultimate goal of solving meaningful user problems.
That means that all of our designers are individually responsible for all aspects of design such as information architecture, usability testing, UX/UI design, prototyping, and front-end implementation on the web.
In addition to that, members of the Design team are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery and A/B experiment definition, design and analysis.
As a Product Designer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of products across FishingBooker's website, mobile apps and internal tools.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently to give you a sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Built a completely new interface for the calendar so fishing guides could easily manage their reservations in real time.
- Redesigned our real-time instant messaging product from the ground up, using inputs from millions of messages exchanged between anglers and captains over the past few years.
- Prototyped a lo-fi version of the future mobile app that will bring the whole FishingBooker’s experience to Android and iOS devices.
- Established style guide fundamentals and created many reusable UI components that are part of the design system we’re continuously working on.
You might be a good for this role if you have:
- 2+ years experience delivering global products in a similar large-scale product-led environment.
- Experience designing products and features for web and apps.
- An impressive product design portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
- Experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines.
- You enjoy working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion as the sole designer (alongside a product manager and engineer).
- You are committed to providing thoughtful, direct, and clear design feedback.
- You have strong visual skills and an understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Pay and benefits
Full-time contract. FishingBooker hires Product Designers on a full-time employment contract (ugovor o radu) and offers 20 days of paid vacation, plus public and religious holidays observed in Serbia.
Pay in the top 10%. We pay in the top 10% of tech companies depending on your seniority rate for tech jobs in Belgrade, Serbia. We assess seniority relative to the team at FishingBooker during the interview process.
Clear career path. When we start working together, every six months (April and October) you will receive a detailed performance review from your team lead with clear instructions on how to grow further. During these periods, you will also be eligible for salary increases based on how you progress in line with the career path.
Flexible hours. You are free to set your own working hours, as long as they allow for good collaboration with your teammates. At FishingBooker, we value flexibility, freedom and focus. We are a remote-friendly company and the majority of our team works from home.
Remote friendly workspace. Once you’re fully onboarded, you will have flexibility to work from the office or work from the comfort of your home. This means that you don’t necessarily need to be constantly located in Belgrade, but you need to be able to attend the final round of interviews and be onboarded initially in our office. Our office is next to Delta City in Novi Beograd.
Private health insurance. You will participate in our private health insurance plan, fully subsidized by FishingBooker. Additionally, if you are interested in transferring your family to our insurance partner, we can assist with negotiating terms.
Mentor and a full onboarding plan. Although we are looking for someone with experience, you will be assigned a mentor as well as a full onboarding plan where you will learn the ins and outs of the business, how we work in the team and our tech stack. We also provide company-sponsored books, training, and courses.
Company sponsored fishing trips (when COVID-19 allows us to travel again). It’s important that you get to experience the product FishingBooker sells, so we will treat the whole company to a fishing trip every year. In 2019 we went to Rovinj, Croatia and in 2018 we went to Fujairah, UAE. You will have a diverse team of supportive, caring and friendly colleagues from all over the world with whom you’ll be able to enjoy additional team-building activities over the course of the year.
Apple equipment. Our standard equipment setup typically includes the latest Apple Macbook Pro 13’ or 16’, coupled with 1-2 Dell Ultrasharp 24’ monitors and the Magic Mouse / Keyboard combo. If you prefer to work with a different setup, you’ll be able to choose your equipment, of course.
About the interview process
We look forward to hearing from you!
PS. Please include a link to your portfolio in your motivation letter or CV.
Deadline for applications: 15.12.2021.
FishingBooker je nastao 2013. godine kao rezultat strasti jednog čoveka prema ribolovu. Gotovo iz garaže, bez investitora, uz puno truda, rada i učenja, FishingBooker je izrastao u vodeću online platformu za rezervisanje pecaroških tura širom sveta.
Ponosni smo jer svakodnevno okupljamo preko 90 ljudi, iz 10 zemalja sveta, koji veruju u uslugu koju pružaju i proizvod koji stvaraju. Proizvod smo izgradili od nule u skladu sa potrebama korisnika, i prevalili smo dug put od samog početka do danas. Neustrašivi smo, odlučni, imamo jasnu viziju za budućnost, i napredujemo iz dana u dan.
Nemanje investitora nam daje slobodu da radimo brzo i kvalitetno na unapređivanju proizvoda i celokupnog korisničkog iskustvo. Zahvaljujući ovom timu ljudi, svake godine, stotine hiljada mušterija proživi trenutke za pamćenje.
“Be great instead of Big” je moto koji najbolje opisuje kako pristupamo donošenju odluka, razvoju softvera, zapošljavanju i gotovo svemu što radimo. Gajimo kulturu vođenja podacima, preuzimanja odgovornosti za uspehe i neuspehe, i kulturu iterativnog pristupa u radu sa jakim akcentom na korisnički feedback (bilo da se radi o zaposlenima, kapetanima ili pecarošima).
Zvuči zanimljivo? Pogledaj otvorene pozicije i prijavi se na fishingbooker.com/careers.
na osnovu 7 recenzija
Karijera / privatni život
Iskustvo o radu
Senior Software Engineer
- Ljudi na prvom mestu: Energicni, radoznali, zeljni znanja, inspirativni.
- Transparentnost. Sve informacije vezane za stanje kompanije je svima vidljivo. Svako ima mogucnost da utice na bilo koji deo proizvoda, na bilo koju proceduru.
- Ne postoji hijerarhija misljenja, svacije misljenje se jednako postuje i odluke se donose na osnovu konkretnih podataka i argumenata.
- Procedure, tehnologije i kvalitet razvoja se konstantno menjaju na bolje. Ne postoje delovi sistema koji moraju da rade na odredjeni nacin. Sve je podlozno promeni i refactor-u ka buducem boljem stanju sistema. Radi se dosta na produktivnosti inzenjera i na automatizaciji procesa.
- Procena napretka je na svakih 6 meseci, ali razmena povratnih informacija o svacijem radu se desava u regularnim sastancima sa mentorom u mnogo kracem vremenskom periodu.
- Osoba nije želela da prikaže svoje lične podatke
- Trenutno zaposlen/a u kompaniji
- Zaposlen na neodređeni vremenski period više od četiri godine
Ove informaciju su mi korisne
Privatno zdravstveno osiguranje
Rad od kuće
Fleksibilno radno vreme
Rad na in-house proizvodu
Organizovane ribolovačke ture