Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core product is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We're a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Status is looking for a product minded Engineer to join our mobile app team. The ideal person will enjoy building friendly UIs that resonate with our users and will be comfortable with implementing features end to end, from Status-Go to Status-React.
You are a full stack engineer, with an eye for design, that can transform reused patterns, such as list items, into UI components.
Willingness to learn, product-orientation, making sure people are aligned when developing new features and interest in decentralized applications will make you successful in the role. We need someone capable of working independently, who thrives in asynchronous environments, while becoming an integral part of team.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Independently setting up to work with our code base
- Implement new features end to end, and, from Status-go to Status-React
- Work closely with UI/UX team to clarify specifications and transform vision into reality
- Sense checking on any updates in advance of work on each issue
You should have
- Experience working towards UI design specifications
- Eye for detail; point us to completed implementation work
- Strong experience with CSS and CSS Flexbox Layout
- Experience with React Native
- 3+ years of experience working on complex mobile applications
Bonus points if you have
- Some experience with any of the following programming languages (Go, Clojure, ClojureScript, Java in android development, Objective C, Kotlin, Swift)
- Exposure to designing structured UI components and libraries
- Experience with native mobile development (Android and IOS)
- Interest in decentralization and web3
- Introductory conversation - People Ops team
- Technical Task
- Peer Panel Interview - Samuel/Andrey + Maciej
- Hiring Manager Interview - Andrea - Core team Lead
- Culture Alignment Interview - Hester, UX Researcher
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new DApp and DevEx lead to join the Waku M2M applications team as soon as possible.