We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product—a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Product Owner role for those who know how to build a successful product development strategy, appreciate communication with users, and are ready to conquer the international market together with the team.
Tasks in the role
- Building a product strategy and data for it.
- Creating a product roadmap for the long term (1-2 years) and short term.
- Formation of product hypotheses, their defense, and verification.
- Identification, elaboration, and prioritization of requirements.
- Maintaining the product backlog and prioritizing it.
- Customer development.
- Definition, monitoring, and analysis of product metrics.
- Interaction with data providers, development, and marketing teams.
- Conducting product planning and PBR with the development team.
- Identification of competitors and competitive analysis.
- Protection and regular synchronization of product strategy with business representatives.
- Communication of product plans to the company’s employees.
- Optimization of team product cost budgets.
Who we are looking for
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, understanding of Product Owner role.
- High-level knowledge of product analytics (and experience in applying it).
- Experience in setting objectives for the development team and designers.
- Ability to listen and hear the other party, to negotiate and build win-win solutions.
- The ability to dive in and understand the new subject area (in our case, it’s online marketing).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- English proficiency to at least an upper-intermediate level.
- Analytical mindset, work experience, and/or desire to work with such mindset.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- 3+ years of experience in UX prototyping and UX testing or experience working in a team with a UX designer.
- Technical background (understanding of databases and algorithms).
- Experience with scaling data platforms.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
Our team started by taking ownership of the products that were in the frozen phase of development (hence the name Frozen team) and developed mature processes to lighten that phase of the product’s life. However, many of the products have returned to the active phase in their lifecycle, and our team is starting a new metadata store product. Two projects are quite important for the company portfolio, and one is under C-level control for the next year.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home).
- Holiday allowance.
- Meal allowance.
- Corporate events.
- Annual paid vacation (20 working days).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English and Serbian courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media, and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We’ve been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2’s Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and many more. In March 2021, Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition, including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.