Job Family: Products & Technology
Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group; a start-up framework and culture, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive and are revolutionizing the future of digital asset management. If you are interested in matching the freedom and opportunity of start-up life, with the stability and benefits of a market leading corporation, Arcadis Gen may well be the perfect place for you.
We are looking for Product Owners who will be responsible for achieving the vision of our products. Working closely and collaboratively with customer facing and software engineering colleagues, the Product Owner will identify and prioritise the features and functions of the product to ensure that customer desirability, commercial viability and technical feasibility are balanced throughout the development process. Using agile development techniques, the Product Owner will ensure that development velocity is matched to the demands of the market.
Our products and associated platform has significant strategic importance both for Arcadis Gen, and Arcadis. As a result, the Product Owner will have significant opportunity to grow and develop their skills and experience as products themselves develops. In addition, the role provides a great opportunity to build a strong personal profile with senior stakeholders in both organisations. Arcadis
Arcadis Gen has a need for a Product Owners with experience in the Asset Management, Asset Performance Management and Analytics solutions space. You will be familiar with the asset lifecycle and processes. You will know the software solutions market, covering COTS products such as Maximo, Infor, SAP, EDA, Copperleaf and similar. You will have experience with implementation of such tools in Enterprise or SMEs.
What will you do each day?
Product Roadmap ownership - Building, sharing and maintaining the development of the roadmap. Ensuring that the roadmap balances desirability, viability and feasibility, and that it evolves with emerging market intelligence.
Backlog ownership - Building, sharing and maintaining the backlog of prioritised work activities required to ensure that the platform progresses along the roadmap. Prioritisation of the backlog is a key part of the Product Owner’s responsibility as it defines the sequence of agile sprints that the technical team will work to.
Driving development velocity - Lead and motivate the Scrum Master and Architecture Owner to deliver against the programme of agile sprints.
Support sales & marketing activity - Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing teams to equip them with the product knowledge, insights and value statements that will make our products a compelling proposition. This will include supporting face-face meetings with current and prospective customers.
Bring broader industry insights to our products - Keep a “watching brief” on industry, customer and competitor signals that can inform the future roadmap for the platform platform. Share this knowledge freely with the broader Gen Strategy, Ecosystem and Product domains to ensure a unified approach.
Exemplify collaborative behaviours - The successful development of the platform requires seamless collaboration across the multidisciplinary teams within Gen, and with the Global Programme Management team within Arcadis. The Product Owner will need to be a role-model of exemplar collaborative behaviours
You are also responsible for delivering:
- The Platform Roadmap, and its ongoing development.
- The prioritized Backlog required to achieve the Roadmap
- A rolling schedule of agile sprints to progress technical development.
- A motivated and high-performing development team
- Sales and marketing support, as required.
Compete clarity of product vision and status across all stakeholders within Arcadis Gen and Arcadis
Who are we targeting?
We’ll be looking for someone with experience gained in complex, fast paced and often customer facing roles of a similar nature. Working in a global organisation with an asset management focus is ideal, and experience of software products and product ownership is a must.
The ideal candidate will be subject matter expert in project, programme and portfolio management, with insight into how digitization, productization and a platform approach can bring benefit. They will have good knowledge and understanding of existing digital toolsets on the market and be able to identify and communicate what makes the Arcadis Gen platform different and better. Experience in a software development environment is essential. Experience in the built environment sectors would be beneficial but not essential.
- 3+ Years’ Experience in Product Ownership
- Working towards a relevant qualification in Product Ownership
- Agile Product Development experience
- Product Requirements Definition experience
- Product Planning, Prototyping & Wireframing
- Experience in defining and prioritising product roadmaps
- 1+ years Asset Management knowledge or
- 1+ years Asset Performance Management knowledge or
- 1+ years Analytics knowledge
- An environment with the innovative culture and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, but with the security of a new venture backed by a large publicly listed company.
- A commitment to the principles of flexible working to enable you to have your ideal work-life integration.
- A series of Healthy Working Practices across Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimising meetings and maximising opportunities to reduce the cognitive load.
- Social events (virtual for the time-being) and gratitude programmes, including vouchers on your birthday.
And of course
- Compensation and performance incentive schemes which reward superior delivery.
- Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, with support for learning and professional development.
Equal Opportunity Statement The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need