Seeking an experienced Product Owner for a next-gen messaging and collaboration platform
This company’s mission is to replace entire communication stacks with a single app. Today, a startup might use Slack for assigning tasks, WhatsApp for team collaboration, and Discord for casual chatting. Tomorrow they can do it all through our platform.
We’re looking for a seasoned product manager who understands that an app like this lives or dies on user relationships. You’ll be responsible for developing a product roadmap that maximizes user happiness, wins loyal repeat customers, and incorporates user stories into its UX. The ideal candidate has a proven history of building consensus between teams, communicating with end users of all stripes, and maintaining product-market fit as a startup scales.
If you know that your next project is going to be in a cutting-edge space, building this all-in-one messaging app is your ideal opportunity. As an experienced engineering product manager, you could have an outsized impact on software that solves a universal problem.
No matter where your career has taken you, you’ll find this startup’s culture refreshing and rewarding: big enough to have staying power, but small enough to act nimbly. We expect a lot of applicants, so contact us today.
- Define product strategy with stakeholders
- Be on top of design decisions, outline and facilitate design and research roadmaps
- Partner tightly with engineering to set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Lead a team of technical writers
- Maintaining existing technical documentation and keeping related material up-to-date
- Developing, unifying, and promoting documentation best practices throughout the entire company
- Analyzing technical/nontechnical documentation for effectiveness, clarity, and adherence to company standards
- Work towards reaching product market fit
- NPS score growth
- Measure and growth user retention
- Measure and grow stickiness of product verticals and features overtime
- Scale product market fit with growth methods applied to market context
- Deploy product launches to the public
- Collaborate closely with QA team
- Deploy fixes and updates collaborating with product growth and marketing teams
- Provide regular milestone reporting
- Lead and mentor cross-functional teams and units
- Excellent communication; proficiency in spoken and written English
- Experience leading complex customer facing digital products through multiple lifecycles
- A BA/BS degree in Design, Data-Science, Software Development, Product Management, Marketing or a related field
- Extended experience with web/app/mobile/e-commerce projects
- An understanding of modern Software Development practices and workflows
- A proven working background as a Software Project/Product Manager or Scrum Product Owner
- Capacity to absorb, synthesize, categorize, delegate high amounts of information
- Experience implementing project management tools and practices
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
Apply quickly so we can get you started!