WHAT TO EXPECT DAY TO DAY
We are looking for talented Python developers to join our back-end Linux-based server development team.
The team mainly implements new features for a growing system consisting of multiple microservices. This system monitors and analyses the state of the electrical grid and sends out alerts when faults or power disruptions occur, helping keep the lights on for end consumers.
One of the main areas of focus is back-end development, however, there will be close cooperation with front-end developers, testers, data engineers and product owners is also required to ensure end-to-end delivery.
Our tech stack:
- FastAPI and Twisted framework
- MySQL and PostgreSQL
- C++ (legacy components only)
- Design and development of Python back-end microservices
- Development of automated unit and component tests
- Maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Participation in Agile Scrum and design meetings
- At least 3 years’ experience in in Python back-end development
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Practical knowledge of Linux
- Fluency in English, written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in computer software engineering or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of C++11 or C++14
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience working with message queue systems, e.g. RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of version control systems, e.g. Git
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - OUR VALUES
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and has interests in several R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension, & Life Assurance Schemes
- On-site parking
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Wellness programmes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.