We are looking for:
Seven Bridges Genomics (www.sbgenomics.com) is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. We enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so that they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. We are also building a Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilot for the National Cancer Institute.
As a member of our QA team you will be working on manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for creating tests cases as well as verifying and validating features. You will be collaborating with our Engineering and Product teams every day to improve the quality and stability of our system and help us scale our fast-evolving products.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have a programming experience in an object-oriented language (preferably Python) as a must.
- Have 1+ years of experience in quality assurance or software development.
- Have experience in writing and executing manual testing plans.
- Have experience in testing Web applications.
- Be familiar with Web Application development.
- Be familiar with bug tracking tools (preferably JIRA).
- Understand basic QA concepts like quality, verification, and validation.
- Be interested in test automation.
- Know about Linux/Unix system administration.
- Have experience with distributed version control (preferably Mercurial or Git).
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and striving to learn constantly.
And we also think that:
- Experience with Selenium is a plus.
- It would be great if you have experience in testing cloud applications.
- Familiarity with MySQL and MongoDB would be valuable.
It is important to be a strong cultural fit, as we value our team more than anything else. Since we like to to share knowledge and learn from each other, you must be willing to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. We offer a relaxed and open work environment, with great conditions and first-hand involvement in one of the most exciting fields of science.
If you would like to help push genomics forward at our well-funded and dynamic startup, please send your resume.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges Genomics, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.