Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
Being an integral part of the team, you will be involved in the whole software development cycle, building quality in from the start. You will join the Ad Blocking Core team, responsible for maintaining the modules which are shared across all our desktop and iOS products.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Perform own exploratory testing against our products to gain familiarity with the products and their similarities and differences
- Run regression and performance tests against our products before releases
- Ensure reported issues are verified and fixed
- Create and keep up to date useful documentation and notes relating to the product and its testing
What you bring to the table...
- Extensive experience with framework testing, preferably in a continuously changing environment
- Hands-on experience with test automation (ie. Appium, Selenium, Cucumber)
- Experience collaborating remotely using mostly asynchronous communication methods on a distributed team
- Independent but team-oriented work style
- Outgoing proactive involvement in your teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Knowledge of source code management tools like Git or Mercurial
- Are familiar with device testing services like Google test lab, AWS Device Farm, Browserstack or TestObject
- Are familiar with code review processes
- Experience with performance testing
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons