At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform, build innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will be working on top of our public API, encapsulating over 100+ production microservices and be responsible for integration with these services.
What you will be doing:
- Single Sign On and external login (using SAML and OpenID Connect protocols).
- Data wrangling, exploration and visualization.
- Working with our bioinformaticians and data experts to develop tools for structured transformation, exploration and visualization of rich datasets.
- Leveraging standards and APIs to orchestrate diverse technologies and enable powerful analytic workflows.
- Writing tools to transform, explore, and visualize the relationships in data.
- Developing stable, well documented API client libraries in R.
Do you have what it takes?
- Have 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Be proficient in R server-side and/or client-side development.
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices.
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Have a knowledge of REST APIs and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly strive to learn.
It would be great if you:
- Have knowledge and hands-on experience with distributed systems and complex infrastructures.
- Are fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm.
- Feel comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.)
- Familiar with tidyverse, devtools, testthat, roxygen2, shiny, httr, dbplyr, rjson/jsonlite...
- Have experience with interactive visualization and infographics development.
- Have a strong passion for Information retrieval problems and solutions.
- Have the will to learn basic bioinformatics, biomedical and clinical concepts.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.