Who You Are?
You are passionate about frontier technologies (Blockchain/Fintech/Govtech), entrepreneurship and supporting research & development projects alongside startup projects to form a vibrant & cohesive ecosystem-building program.
You have experience analyzing business models for investment or accelerator programs. You enjoy building communities. You have exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
You have an extraordinary ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and the ability to change focus quickly as demands change.
You enjoy a work environment that is fast-paced, and you help create an amazing, positive workplace. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ultimately, you will gain portfolio management, community-building and investment experience by supporting and improving all portfolio management functions.
What We Need?
The R&D Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for partnering with Project Leads to ensure the effective, cross-functional planning and execution of a variety of research, infrastructure and startup projects.
You will own the complete program & project portfolio management cycle, from idea intake, selection process to deployment, in alignment with the strategic vision.
You ensure high quality project planning and execution by facilitating the identification and tracking of R&D project team goals, and developing and maintaining the integrated project schedule within the Project Portfolio Management system.
You will identify, track, communicate, and manage critical path activities, and hold team members accountable for functional delivery of plans. Liaises with the finance for budget planning and tracking and collaborates with strategic stakeholders to assess team resources & forecasting, identify resourcing gaps, and mitigate issues as necessary.
You support effective decision making through identification and management of risks and issues, and the creation of project-level timeline scenarios to enable the assessment of project acceleration and other trade-offs.
- Represent the company externally and establish relationships across strategic third parties, institutions and companies
- Proactively push thinking around product partnerships and other strategic initiatives
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts
- Responsible for achieving strategic account targets
- Communicate with major partners on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Manage processes related to product integrations
- Assist in financial planning and analysis
- Integrating contract requirements with business operations
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- BA/BS or equivalent in Finance, Business, Engineering or related areas.
- 3-5 years of experience in an R&D project management role or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in building and managing software solutions to address portfolio and project planning needs.
- Excellent knowledge of and competency in project and portfolio management processes, including planning, allocating resources, risk and issue management.
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects and initiatives.
- Experience with large projects or programs.
- Experience as a founder or have experience in a startup.
- Experience running cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or management consulting.
- Experience in leading diverse teams and partnering at all levels of an organization.
- Experience with Real Options Analysis & Monte-Carlo Simulation.
- Flexibility in rapidly changing environments.
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking.
- Ability to structure and perform complex data and financial analysis.
- High degree of Excel/Spreadsheet proficiency, Python & R skills are preferred.
- Proficiency with integrated timeline/gantt chart development and technical experience with project management systems & collaboration tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to work and drive issues to resolution independently and cooperatively in a diverse group.
- Proactive problem solving attitude.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and coaching to members of the organization.
- Very strong ability to work remotely, and to infrequently travel.
Perk & Benefits
- Work with some of the most passionate & dedicated minds in the Ethereum space.
- We ask that you’re willing to be paid in a combination of fiat and cryptocurrency.
- We’ll reward you with a competitive base salary.
- We’ll also reward you with SNT (Status Network Tokens) to give you a real stake in the success of the organisation.
- A generous budget (€2000 Euros) to choose whatever laptop you prefer.
- We provide a small allowance (up to €250 Euros per month) for a co-working space.
- Work from wherever you choose. Our contributors are a varied bunch - some work from home, some from a coworking space, some from a local cafe, others are nomads.
- We operate an open vacation policy, meaning there are no hard limits or strict rules around how much holiday you take and how you schedule it.
- We want our contributors to be healthy and take the time they need to relax and enjoy quality disconnected time away from work.
- We offer all contributors a Headspace subscription.
- Each team has a travel budget to attend conferences & team meetups of their choice.
- Once per year the whole organisation gets together to connect (so far we’ve visited Bangkok and Prague).
Note: We don’t offer traditional benefits like medical/dental insurance - we’d rather pay you well and give you the freedom to select your own benefits, on your terms.
As a team, Status is completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 85+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Follow along on Our Status.
Deadline for applications: 22.10.2021.