The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The Belgrade Regional Delegation covers eight countries. Apart from the support to the respective National Societies, main operational response relates to the Missing File, Migration and to a lesser extent Detention. It also acts as a regional hub for Eurasia, hosting number of regional positions that support the entire region.
The Belgrade Regional Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Regional Protection Data Manager
Purpose of the position
Based in Belgrade, the Regional Protection Data Manager supports and provides guidance in protection data management processes to enable evidence-based decisions and improvements in data entry, quality, support and analytics.
1. Under the orientation of the Regional Protection Data Manager in charge, contributes to promote and to disseminate policies, rules and procedures related to data management:
- Strengthens the regional coherence and dynamics in relation to Protection data management and workflows.
- Promotes the collaborative spaces to share information (Protection Data Wiki, Team Spaces, Lotus Notes DBs , e-learning, etc.) and ensures that the Data Managers (DM) in his/her Area of Responsibility (AoR) have access to them and know where to find the information.
2. Monitors and/or ultimately ensures the coherence and consistency of the Protection data and data management in the field:
- Makes recommendations and support the DM in improving the data processing, reporting, and organization of the Protection offices in the field (including paper and electronic archiving)
3. Supports the Regional Data Manager in charge to provide analytical reporting related to Data management, contextual support and global analysis:
- Advises/gives support to the DM in AoR in the production of consolidated statistics and implements mechanisms to verify the integrity of the transmitted figures.
4. Technical reference in the ICRC’s ICT Protection data management tools (PROT6, Familylinks Answers, Familylinks website, and Familylinks extranet):
- Helps clarifying technical problems raised by the DM in AoR. If necessary, mobilizes the relevant technical resources, escalading requests to Headquarters in Geneva.
Selection Requirements and Profile
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar field
- Typically, 3-5 years of overall professional experience
- Excellent command of English. Knowledge of French, Russian is an asset
- Excellent computer literacy
- Knowledge of MS CRM Dynamics, SQL or Visual Basic an asset
- Knowledge of other data analysis software and programming languages an asset
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Readiness to travel within the Eurasia region, 3-4 times a year
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English. Applications are accepted from candidates with Serbian citizenship only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Expected beginning of engagement: 01.02.2021.