The Insight Business is seeking a full time Release manager to go along the expansion of our business. This individual will help the growth of our market leading Private Markets data and analytics platform, eFront Insight. eFront, a part of BlackRock, is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the Alternative Investments industry.
Fully integrated into our Engineering Team in Belgrade, you will be exposed to both the technical and functional layers of our most innovative products, while acquiring a unique skillset in the fast-growing Private Equity industry, and Alternative Investments in general. You will be a part of international and agile environment, with a strong drive for technical innovation.
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering you will coordinate the release content and effort based on the product backlog and ensure smooth transition into production environment.
What will you be doing?
- Work with a Scrum master and the rest of the team to build/define a solid release plan
- Own release plan and communicate all project achievements, commitments and changes including requirements, QA plans, time and scope changes
- Handle risks, track release statuses and resolve issues that affect release scope and its schedule
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations and improve where appropriate
- Maintain relationships and coordinate work between teams from our different locations (Belgrade/Paris)
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Achievement Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Work with the rest of engineering to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Ensure the compliance of our releases with Information Security and Internal Audit requirements
- Solid understanding of project management and at least 5 years of experience in software organization
- Management of priority switching to tackle the issues coming from business projects, support or other sources like product management
- Ability to produce and handle detailed implementation plans
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge about SaaS product, including production monitoring, incident resolution on the cloud platform and continuous integration and continuous delivery principles
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps and Aha is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.