Certificates power modern software. Kubernetes, service meshes, containers, microservices, distributed databases & queues, configuration management & orchestration systems, BeyondCorp proxies, and secure software supply chains all use certificates. Organizations running modern infrastructure make extensive use of certificates, whether they’re aware of it or not. Smallstep builds an opinionated, extensible platform for DevSecOps public key infrastructure (PKI). With it, engineers can easily manage private TLS/SSL or SSH certificates for all their internal workloads and developers.
Smallstep turns zero trust and beyondprod best practices into a toolkit that empowers any developer or operator to properly secure their infrastructure. We work with small to large DevOps organizations and help to secure modern infrastructure. We are looking for a Solutions Architect who can assist our open source users and customer prospects apply the smallstep certificate toolchain to real-world problems.
As a Sales Engineer you can expect to:
- Be the domain expert in certificate management and the technical lead on client relationships.
- Deliver pre-sales engineering support including technical discovery, architectural guidance, sales campaign support, and ongoing client relationships.
- Provide expert guidance on identity and authentication concepts with a strong skill set in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies.
- Work closely with clients on product evaluations and proof of concepts.
- Identify, document, and help implement new use cases for the smallstep toolchain.
A successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years working with end-users in professional environments and 1+ years in a technical sales role.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud architectures and popular development tools, platforms, and/or relevant frameworks
- Comfort walking users through new scenarios and technical implementations.
- Understanding of technologies such as HTTPS/TLS, certificates (X.509), and OAuth.
- Great people skills and the ability to document everything for others to find and take action against.
You may be a good fit at Smallstep if:
- You believe distributed systems deserve great security out-of-the-box
- You want to be part of the paradigm shift to move past network perimeter security
- You love open-source software and developer communities
- You are collaborative, low-ego, and results-driven
- You like making impactful contributions but also enjoy helping others do the same
- You want to work in a fast-growing startup with excellent investors
- You deserve a competitive salary, the ability to share in the company's success, and excellent benefits
Smallstep is a remote-first company, we work reasonable, flexible hours. We look for people who are thoughtful, can break down problems, and often work individually. You are trusted to work on your own and to ask for help when blocked. As a startup, smallstep teams get the benefit of working across many areas and contributing directly to the success of the organization. Smallstep is well-funded and backed by Accel, boldstart.vc, Bain Capital, and upside partnership.
Smallstep gradi autoritet za identitet za razvojne / sek / operativne timove koji se integriše za isporuku, čineći kod „svesnim identiteta“ kako bi osigurao povezane aplikacije preko oblaka, kontejnera, bez servera i uređaja.