Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
At Toptal we make use of both Salesforce and an in-house account management system to help our sales team to drive revenue and sales forward. At Client Retention Team we’re a cross-functional team responsible for integrating and syncing data between the two systems composed of both frontend and backend engineers in different technology stacks. As a senior Salesforce Front-end Engineer, you will help not only build new high-quality functionality using Salesforce Lightning Web Components directly in Salesforce, but also provide help and support in integrating Salesforce with our in-house system and help shape its architecture, automated tests, end to end tests, security, and other challenging technical concerns regarding the integration between the two systems.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Write elegant, efficient, and testable code, which is easy to maintain and debug.
- Cover code with tests and perform manual testing of features.
- Work alongside Salesforce Back-end and Ruby on Rails Back-end engineers to help shape and implement a two-way integration between the systems.
- Work alongside engineers, product managers, and product liaisons to develop new and exciting features in Salesforce to improve our sales team efficiency.
- Review the work of colleagues.
- As an excellent teammate, continuously improve our team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate status and progress.
- Mentor team members, provide feedback, and continuously improve as a professional.
In the first week, expect to:
- Begin your onboarding and integration into Toptal.
- Get familiar with our Salesforce configuration and data model as well as the team structure.
- Participate in team and cross-team meetings.
In the first month, expect to:
- Develop your first tasks and have them deployed to production.
- Deep dive into Salesforce customizations and in-house system features that powers Toptal’s sales teams.
- Participate in discussions regarding Salesforce <> in-house system integration, solution, architecture, and timeline.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be actively engaged in the development of new features and system integrations your team works on.
- Participate in the development of more broad solutions as a part of a guild (e.g. Quality Guild) or Task Force (e.g. Real-Time Communication Task Force).
- Have the opportunity to improve the Front-end technologies within the scope of the team.
- Develop automated tests to ensure our products flawlessly support our business and behave at sky-high quality standards.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Deliver new features incrementally and with high quality.
- Lead technical or product initiatives.
- Mentor Toptal’s new team members.
- Be ready to propose improvements to Toptal’s processes, products, and codebase.
In the first year, expect to:
- On-board, mentor, and be part of the interviewing team, in order to support the growth of our top-skilled engineering team.
- Become a champion of new ideas that will thrive to achieve the purpose of our company while ensuring the quality culture that we value the most.
- Take joy in deployment to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team or other individuals while working in a distributed model.
- Have 3+ years of experience with Salesforce development and 5+ years with software development.
- Have a strong knowledge of functional programming, automated software testing, development, and testing methodologies.
- Have experience with Test Driven Development for Lightning Web Components using Jest.
- Have basic knowledge of Salesforce Back-end stack such as Apex and SOQL languages.
- Have experience integrating Salesforce’s Front-end with external systems using third party APIs.
- Bonus points for having Salesforce Developer certifications, in-depth experience with Salesforce Back-end technology stack, familiarity with React library ecosystem, SFDX and unlocked packages, or Agile practices.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.