Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
We’re looking for a Scrum Master to join our platform team and help continue building out the Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) tool by supporting development teams. PMM is a free and open-source client/server platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances.
The Scrum Master will help 2 scrum teams (up to 25 people in total) and Product Owner, Product Manager, and Engineering managers to work on our Percona Platform. The Percona Platform will greatly enhance our ability to deliver additional value and features to our users without them needing to install as many local updates on our PMM Client/Server products and will offer added intelligence to our products.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master who can help our Development teams to work efficiently and effectively. We are also expecting Scrum Master to help PMM Product Owner with describing, organizing Epic/Stories as well as helping the Teams to organize all of their technical discussions.
What You Will Do
- Lead the scrum teams in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the Product Qwner and development teams to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum teams on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that may occur
- Help the scrum teams achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Support the Product Owner, Product Managers and Engineering Managers on their requests about/to the teams
- Work with Product Owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- 2+ prior experience as a Scrum Master or a Project Manager in distributed teams
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflicts
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Self-directed with the ability to operate independently without needing everyday input
- Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to understand the product from the User side
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Open Source Software development experience preferred
- Product company experience with direct access to the end users
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field
- Scrum master certification
- Experience with project management
- Experience with setting up processes in Jira
Location: Remote work from home anywhere however a large portion of the broader team is located in Eastern Europe
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.