ProWritingAid’s Vision: Empowering people to share ideas, stories, and knowledge by inspiring, educating, and helping them to express themselves.
ProWritingAid is a remote-first company with team members from over 10 countries around the world. Despite our geographical distance, our team members are always friendly and ready to help each other be the best they can be.
Flexibility is one of our core principles – we know that life happens sometimes. We trust our team to get their work done regardless of location, family schedule, or time zone.
As part of our Development Team, you will work with some of the most talented people in your industry. Working on Language Processing AI offers plenty of scope for breaking new ground. Your projects will require innovation and creativity — not your regular “done that, repeat” stuff.
This is your opportunity to work for a company whose users really appreciate the product. Check out our wall of love to see some examples. We’ve been growing a strong and sustainable company for over seven years now and many of our first users are still customers today.
We are looking for an experienced security engineer to assist on the design and delivery of security best practices for our apps and infrastructure.
- Organise, review, and mitigate results from penetration tests and vulnerability assessments of systems and infrastructure
- Manage, assess and remediate external threat trends
- Develop, document and maintain security procedures
- Train developers on best practices
- Design, install, configure and support systems including IPS/IDS, Firewalls, VPN, Remote Access
- Infrastructure patching and hardening
- Ensure audits, logs and other monitoring sources are reviewed periodically and comply with policies and audit requirements
- Communicate security metrics to CTO
- Security incident response
- Research threats and vulnerabilities and where appropriate, take action
- Perform security code reviews
- Manage bug bounty programme
- Complete partner security questionnaires
You must have:
- Excellent English both written and spoken
- Experience in IT Security for public facing Websites, Apps and APIs
- Demonstrable experience in most or all of the responsibilities listed above
- Azure or other Cloud Security
- Securing Electron based apps, Browser Extensions, Websites, Databases and APIs
- Experience of frameworks and standards, such as: ISO27001, SOC2
- Recognised security certifications
- Experience working remotely
- An interest in writing