At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
You will be joining a team of security engineers, architects and penetration testers. This position reports to the Director of Security. The successful candidate will have a mix of skills including a strong technical aptitude, work ethic, and ability to work well in a cross functional team. Oursecurity organization also includes experts in risk, compliance, and privacy, providing you learning exposure in these areas, and your assistance will be needed from this team periodically.
The role requires the ability to communicate with engineering teams to prioritize and resolve security findings. As a member of an information security team, the role will also include involvement in other security engineering and incident response areas - scripting, security tooling development and configuration, incident forensics, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Vulnerability assessments of our product, and infrastructure
- Implementation and configuration of security tools and technologies in a cloud environment
- Identifying and contributing to the development of critical alerts for security monitoring
- Monitoring of those security events within our infrastructure
- Evaluating product security within a cloud architecture, and providing engineers guidance
- Assisting in security threats, incident investigations, and escalations
- You will work with our Operations and Engineering teams to constantly improve securityof our system and help us scale highly dynamic infrastructure running thousands ofservers in parallel
- Track, review, and evaluate new vulnerabilities across the technology stack
- Keep up to date with latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Take suggestions for security improvements
Do you have what it takes?
- 2+ years experience in security, engineering, systems administration, devops or related positions (we encourage candidates in related roles that want to get into security, e.g. you are currently a devops engineer)
- Familiarity with the command line interface of multiple operating systems – Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.
- A strong understanding of security principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Hands on experience with vulnerability management and HIDS/HIPS/SIEM tools
- A strong knowledge of Linux/Unix system administration and internals
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Atlassian and G-Suite suite business applications
- Organizational skills, attention to details, trustworthiness, willingness to speak up, proactiveness, persuasiveness
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, successand optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense ofurgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work!
By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.