Senior .NET Developer
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team based in Belgrade. Our award-winning Ambit Risk & Performance Management solution enables financial institutions around the globe to quantify and mitigate risk, manage capital and the liquidity buffer, and apply risk adjusted performance measures throughout the organization in order to optimize their risk return profile. We are ideally looking for candidates interested in quality assurance and progressing in their career with a global technology provider.
Our stack is based on C# .NET, Windows and web-based applications forming part of our core solution.
What you will be doing
- Participate in our agile, test driven development process
- Participate in project planning sessions, working closely with business analysts and other team members to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations
- Design and develop new software or make modifications to existing software applications, adhering to industry standards and best practices
- Take part in design and code reviews, and demonstrate software to all stakeholders
- Share knowledge and provide technical guidance to other team members within areas of expertise
- Work with technical staff to analyse and understand problems with complex software and resolve them
What you bring
- Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer/Information Sciences or Mathematics as well as five (5) years related work experience. Alternatively, exceptional candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and related work experience will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of OOP and design patterns, data structures and algorithms, parallel and distributed computing, SoA and multi-tier architectures
- Experience with modern application architecture and development (e.g., microservices, containers)
- Demonstrated expertise performance tuning applications from top to bottom; including memory and performance profiling
- Strong logical and analytical skills, with the ability to creatively troubleshoot and resolve challenging problems
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to effectively express ideas, engage in complex discussions and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues
- Proactive, delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team’s success
Added bonus if you have
- Experience in the banking or financial services industries with knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, interest rate modelling and/or predictive analytics applications
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred), reporting and BI tools
- Experience with web UI development (e.g., HTML5, Angular, TypeScript)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development and Model Driven Development
FIS provides mission-critical software and IT services to institutions in virtually every segment of the financial services industry. We are a group of financial experts and skilled software engineers that work closely together to produce high quality software. We enjoy our work and the occasional get-together after work.
We offer the advantages of a strong, stable and global organization together with the agility of small, young and interdisciplinary teams working under flat hierarchy.
What we do is think big and act boldly to reinvent the financial world of tomorrow, seeing what’s ahead so our clients can focus on what’s at hand. In turn, we create inspiring career opportunities for our employees by empowering employees to grow every day
What we offer you
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home – 4 days per month, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Ready to start your journey with us?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please use only the button below in order to apply (only complete online applications will be considered)
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.